What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in the 2018 Larrysson LE. Then on to Dan’s Bill Bailey’s Balkan Blend in a Rattray’s bent Bulldog.

Those who ''banned" us from the Cafe have such a view? Nay....

RBQL5Ro.jpg

9qSzKw4.jpg

Vanilla Hausmarken.

Finished up the last bowl of 3 star blue in my butz magnum so don't have to feel bad about tossing it. Now back to cowboy coffee probably in a MM or maybe the Pete system as it has a nice big bowl.

Some Old Gowrie in a Peterson Deluxe 02s. This is my first bowl of this tobacco and the tin is from 2008. I have no clue how this taste when it is young and fresh but aged it is all dark fruit, sweet, bready, mellow and delicious.

IMG_8272.jpg

I can tell you without question when it gets hot outside like 90 or above, nothing tastes any good. Everything to me loses it's character and is bland and boring. Not worth smoking a pipe when it's like that, and I smoke outside exclusively. Maybe other zoni's have a different experience, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So my pipe smoking goes down to zilch for ~5 mo/yr.

Cheers,

RR
wow, nearly half the year and no smokes. That's rough. I'd be looking for a summer cabin up in Alaska or something. :)

Smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in the 2018 Larrysson LE. Then on to Dan’s Bill Bailey’s Balkan Blend in a Rattray’s bent Bulldog.
kxg, I liked how you used to lay out all three pipes for a pic - like a deluxe three course meal. Thought about imitating that idea. Let's have more of that pipe candy! :D

Morning smoke: Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in a Balandis pipe from Poland, a sort of cheaper knock off Falcon with an interchangeable bowl. The bowl is actually pretty good carved teak wood that doesn't get hot, but the aluminum and plastic stem are not as solid as a true Falcon. I haven't yet tried to see if the two systems are compatible - could be interesting!

BoB-Balandis.PNG

Afternoon smoke: Country Squire Rivendell in a Mastro de Paja bent apple.

BoB-MdP.PNG

GLP Westminster in my gourd calabash, looking at the brilliant clear winter night sky - so easy to pick out the blue and yellow and red stars.

SWR in the MM general. Easy going smoke with morning coffee. Chilly day in the mountains, 24 degrees at 7am, but the sun is warming things up nicely.

Notice P&C has Orlik Old Dark Fired on sale. Anyone tried this? Opinions? Thinking of getting a couple tins, one for now, one to cellar for a year or so.