What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoked another bowl of the 79 & Field & Stream today. The Match 79 is not a repeat purchase. Didn’t hate it but didn’t love it either. Life is too short to smoke mediocre tobacco. Note that judgements about tobacco are only my own and shouldn’t be considered otherwise.
The jury is still out on the Field & Stream. I kind of like it, but “kind of” may not make the cut, we’ll see.

Sillem's London Blend in a Design Berlin Royal Star.

It's been nearly two years since I last visited this blend. Checking my notes I see that some things remain the same, like I get more flavor drawing in the mouth than through the retrohale (usually not the case with me), and the pronounced taste of toasted pine nuts is the same, but now the blend (in this pipe at least) has settled into an ethereal delicacy that I just want to inhale (didn't, of course).
Since I've never tasted pine nuts in Cyprian Latakia I'm thinking maybe my tin from 2015 was still using Syrian. Anyway, pretty awesome stuff!

Broke into the Brunello stash again. BH Evening Stroll in a Stanwell bent pot. Not bad but pretty bland. No real tobacco taste. Think I will try throwing in some burley for a bit more taste.

Sansepolcro in a cob with french roast Ecuadorian cacao, pressed. I've been looking forward to trying the dark-fired Italian leaf.
IMG_20210117_002536.jpg

By personal order of the prime minister, the fine for what you see in the photo must go from 300 to 500 euros (means 604 $) for "reheating the economy", as he said publicly. So according to his mind he expects from people like me (who pays a bunch of many other taxes) to strengthen the local economy and not (for example) by bringing investments in the country to make new jobs!

eKlU6Md.jpg

I am smoking Planta Danish Black Vanilla Mixture outside i the cold with 38 'F, Long live the Resistance!

By personal order of the prime minister, the fine for what you see in the photo must go from 300 to 500 euros (means 604 $) for "reheating the economy", as he said publicly. So according to his mind he expects from people like me (who pays a bunch of many other taxes) to strengthen the local economy and not (for example) by bringing investments in the country to make new jobs!

eKlU6Md.jpg

I am smoking Planta Danish Black Vanilla Mixture outside i the cold with 38 'F, Long live the Resistance!
Sounds like some of the stupid politicians/lawmakers in our country. Always looking for ways to tax us ordinary citizens via a "sin" tax. Viva la revolution.

Frog Morton Cellar in a Brian Ruthenberg with coffee on a chilly Tennessee morning.

View attachment 553
I am envious. Was on a quest to try all the FM blends when they went out of business. Scored two big tins of FM and 5 tins of FMOTT before it went unobtanium. Wish I could have tried in the cellar and on the bayou.

Cowboy coffee in my new churchwarden from P&C. Never had one before but it"s working great with my arm in a sling. Positioned perfectly and smoking cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-17-10-30-02.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-17-10-30-02.png
    751.1 KB · Views: 64
Since I scored some CH thanks to Blackhorse back to CH in a Butz magnum. Up early enough this am to catch the sunrise. Predicting snow/rain for the next few days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-18-09-09-13.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-09-09-13.png
    779.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_2021-01-18-09-10-34.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-18-09-10-34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
The afternoon pipes: Hal O' The Wynd in a Castello 55 Old Antiquari KK; then EGR in the Matches 860 Tribute Savinelli.
r3qinAu.jpg