What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunhill 965, just can't get all the rave reviews on this. Found the Dunhill Durbar much smoother. Wish they had kept it and ditched the 965.

Dunhill Durbar in an English dedicated James Upshall. Yep, beats the pants off 965. From my garage nook.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-20-19-06-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-20-19-06-55.png
    629.3 KB · Views: 47
Kxg, have you tried PS LNF? If so, how does LBF compare?
Well, I have ~14oz of the LNF in the cellar from a pound purchase and I have ~4.8 pounds of LBF in the cellar, if that tells you anything. Truthfully, I need to give the LNF some more smokes before commenting. I’ll do that and let you know.

Morning: GLP Virginia Cream in a tall London-made John Redman.
Afternoon: Amphora Burley Blend in its dedicated pipe, a paneled Design Berlin.
Evening: will see what strikes my fancy!
BoB-RedmanNew.PNG

Second bowl of Stokkebye English Oriental in a 2006 Peterson pipe of the year poker. First bowl I smoked I thought the orientals were pretty strong. This bowl they seem to mellow out. Not sure yet if this blend will replace Stokkebye Proper English but I can see this blend being in my English blend rotation.

Bru, do you use a filter in the DB? If so, what kind?
Now I only use this pipe for Amphora Burley Blend and use the Vauen 9mm filter. When I was still trying out different baccies I used the 9mm to 3mm adapter (available for about a buck) for mild Virginias like GLP Virginia Cream or lighter English/Balkan blends, and used the filter with heavy Burleys or dark-fired blends. When just drawing air through the pipe i can feel the restriction of air flow from the filter, but in actually smoking it doesn't bother me because there is no lag or wasted effort of extra air coming through. But I guess I'm a fairly shallow sipper. You can also try the Savinelli 9mm to 6mm adapter which only slightly reduces airflow for those who don't like the filters and want a fairly open draw. Do whatever works best for you!

This afternoon, PS LNF in a GBD Pedigree, then Peretti 333 in a Mahogany Calabash that my son gave me for Christmas.
DMt2twM.jpg

So, @Ranger107, about that LNF. After smoking a bowl this afternoon, I would call it quite similar to the LBF, but without the sweet surprise of the cavendish center. I fold the LBF coins, so about half way through the bowl I hit the sweetness. It is present but not overpowering. That’s why I prefer LBF to LNF, but not by much.

This evening, WC 558 in a Radice Rind Billiard, then WC Old Black Magic in a Radice Classic Bulldog. Laphroiag 10 on the side.

So, @Ranger107, about that LNF. After smoking a bowl this afternoon, I would call it quite similar to the LBF, but without the sweet surprise of the cavendish center. I fold the LBF coins, so about half way through the bowl I hit the sweetness. It is present but not overpowering. That’s why I prefer LBF to LNF, but not by much.
Thanks, I will have to try some LBF.