What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost finished smoking this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Snacking follows this smoke. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Now smoking year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1980 smooth walnut finish quarter bend Peterson 505 Rhodesian silver spigot military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem fishtail bit. Watching an episode of Zane Gray Theater.
Peterson_505_Rhodesian_SSpigot.jpg

Part way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Fed the ferals, threw catnip balls for Molly Danger to bat around. I'm a couple days behind reading baseball box scores, so I'm catching up now.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

71° and summer. Cherry blossoms bloomed and have already dropped and started to wither. Stanwell with 5 year old Night Train. I couldn't pick up the nutty and prune nuances that I covet, but I got a fair hint of the pure tobacconess that I like so much about this blend. 6.85/10

TqPAoMbl.jpg

I first saw this ad sometime in the 1970's; it was the first time I had seen a Danish-style pipe and I thought it was the coolest pipe I'd ever seen. For years I was a Flying Dutchman devotee, and I set out to fine a pipe like that. Found it, too. It was an almost perfect straight grain, but it had a few small fills. I thought I couldn't stand them, so I "rusticated" the pipe myself with a Dremel, in a side panel design which was kind of popular in the 70's. I wish I'd left it alone, or at least left more of it natural and tried to do something smaller around the fills. Anyway it's still in the rack although seldom smoked; dug it out today and will fill it with something tasty later on...

OkonyGWl.jpg

TqPAoMbl.jpg

I first saw this ad sometime in the 1970's; it was the first time I had seen a Danish-style pipe and I thought it was the coolest pipe I'd ever seen. For years I was a Flying Dutchman devotee, and I set out to fine a pipe like that. Found it, too. It was an almost perfect straight grain, but it had a few small fills. I thought I couldn't stand them, so I "rusticated" the pipe myself with a Dremel, in a side panel design which was kind of popular in the 70's. I wish I'd left it alone, or at least left more of it natural and tried to do something smaller around the fills. Anyway it's still in the rack although seldom smoked; dug it out today and will fill it with something tasty later on...

OkonyGWl.jpg
That's still a good looking pipe! I like it.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I just finished smoking Chris Morgan Jackalope in a straight burgundy sandblasted year 2019 straight Ryan Alden J billiard/pot with a tapered cumberland stem. Been listening to the Braves-Orioles game on the XM.
Ryan_Alden_Jbilliard:pot.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Was in a smoke shop today, I bought a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh aromatic tobacco. I have not smoked srw in over 30 years. I just smoked a bowl full in my custom estate pipe I bought last year from smoking pipes. It was like new condition. Pipe always smokes great. The srw was pretty good, nice aroma, nice taste, and no tongue bite. I really liked the srw. 👍