What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MB Solent Mixture in a Peterson Flame Grain.
16844433299892430154206633566314.jpg

Good evening, fellows. I had a plumber come out and replace my pressure reducing valve and he discovered that my water heater had a leak. It's worn out and is situated under the house in the crawlspace. I can't replace it by myself because of my knee and my back issues, but he said it would be $2475 to replace it, which includes the new water heater. Does that sound high to you? Think I'm going to get some more estimates. Oh, and I'm smoking Carter Hall in a Dunhill Root apple.
Dunhill-Apple.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Good evening, fellows. I had a plumber come out and replace my pressure reducing valve and he discovered that my water heater had a leak. It's worn out and is situated under the house in the crawlspace. I can't replace it by myself because of my knee and my back issues, but he said it would be $2475 to replace it, which includes the new water heater. Does that sound high to you? Think I'm going to get some more estimates. Oh, and I'm smoking Carter Hall in a Dunhill Root apple.
Dunhill-Apple.jpg
Sounds like a total rip off. Definitely get more estimates. I had to replace my oversized 50 gallon heater in oxnard. Unit cost about $800. Regular 40 gallon ones go for $5/600. I put it in myself in less than an hour, however it was in the garage not under the house, but even with that complication I would think $1200 to $1500 should cover it.

Sounds like a total rip off. Definitely get more estimates. I had to replace my oversized 50 gallon heater in oxnard. Unit cost about $800. Regular 40 gallon ones go for $5/600. I put it in myself in less than an hour, however it was in the garage not under the house, but even with that complication I would think $1200 to $1500 should cover it.
Thanks, I am getting some more estimates tomorrow.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

Just over a quarter of a bowl left of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning some pipes. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

electric, it is a short, wide model made for crawlspaces. They are more expensive. I haven't looked at Home Depot or Lowes yet.
I replaced one in the last year, but not a short wide one. I did get bids and they were all over the place and one as high as what you got. You might try that Angie's List for leads. I'd price the tank to buy-get it, then just get a bid for installation. Maybe a second look by someone else too to make sure it's really leaking and requires replacement. They have an anode rod in the top that could just be replaced. The drainage valve too is replaceable. Both these among other things can leak.

Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and am half way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg