What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GH Kendal Dark from @WarneOut in a Scottie Piersel pencil shank pot.
16845135430872597829408662561667.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

We just moved the ducklings to larger quarters. We move them one at a time to give them an illusion of flying, unfortunately my wife was in the exhaust path of two of hers and is upstairs changing! I'm enjoying GH Balkan Mixture in a Pride along with a Downeast unfiltered hard cider.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The last of the Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink. Walks are rained out for the day.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Brebbia bent brandy with Capt black dark and a freshly perked mug of Community coffee. I have a few people supposedly coming here today to buy the car with the bad transmission.
Haebar-That deal on the water heater stinks like 3 day old fish!
Last year my water heater cracked (it was 20 years old) I went to Lowe`s and got a top of the line 50 gallon tank for 900 and they delivered it too. I then called plumbers from angies list/craigs list,town newspapers,etc. prices were all over the place,but it gives you an idea of what you should be paying. I got a dozen estimates! also call your friends and Neighbors to see who they have used.
Also, In some states/towns there are programs to help senior citizens (if you are one) that have large home repair issues at a discount. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice about water heater installation. I'm getting some estimates from various plumbers in the area.
Smoking Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow rusticated billiard this afternoon. Had a good hike this afternoon at the local arboretum. Ate BBQ at a local Buddy's BBQ restaurant. Kicking back and relaxing now.

I always liked JFG, and remember in the 90's them roasting near downtown Knoxville. That smell was wonderful! Sounds like a great coffee with CH. Do you recommend a specific version?
No, this is just called JFG Special Coffee, medium dark in a blue bag. I didn't realize they were located in Knoxville. Says it's made with the finest Arabica coffee beans.

I've got to try a Grabow sometime, especially with that re-stem service. I did some studying on brands, and settled on a Bradford White. State Industries also produces their own brand in Ashland City, TN.
Never heard of Bradford White; is that a pipe brand? Do they still make them? Where did you go to study about this information? Sounds interesting. I like Dr. Grabow pipes, maybe because my first pipe was a Grabow and it made an impression on me. Back then I was smoking blends like Middleton Cherry and Borkum Riff and burned my tongue/mouth a lot and figured it just went along with pipe smoking. I ordered two Dr. Grabows from the factory recently and was not happy when I received them - the Rhodesian didn't have rings cut into the bowl as it was pictured in the catalog mailer and the billiard did not have the white spade on the stem and was not stamped with the model name (Grand Duke or Riviera, can't remember). So I sent them back and asked for a refund if they couldn't provide me with pipes that matched the pictures in the mailer. In a week, they sent me back two pipes that satisfied my request - great customer service.

Good morning BoBs. Hobbits Weed in a Pete Hercules 606EX with morning CR coffee. Only time for one bowl and a couple mugs of coffee. Gotta get out to the ranch and trailer up the boys so we can hit the trail early. Heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted for early afternoon so need to be back by noon. Hope everyone has a great day. Haebar, check with Home Depot or Lowes. They often have contractors who will install items bought in their store.
Thanks for the tip! I noticed that on their website and am going to check into it. I am also going to get an estimate from the plumber that my neighbor has used for 20 years.

Just over a quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

Back from the ranch. Had a great 2 hour ride on Williamson Valley Trail next to Granite Mountain. Just beat the rain home, lol. Mixing Bali's tobacco and Charley Scanlons pipe. GLP Charring Cross in a very extra large I. Baglin carved meer. Got through a bit over 3/4 of a bowl and had to bail. Wind gusts blowing rain in my face. Pouring down now. Good for the trees but no fun for me, lol.

Attachments

• 20230519_150416.jpg
    20230519_150416.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0