What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Dr. Grabow pipes, maybe because my first pipe was a Grabow and it made an impression on me.
My first pipe was a Dr. Grabow. I smoked it too hot and the finish bubbled. Being a poor 16 year old I sanded it down and learned how to not overheat a pipe but never bought another drug store pipe!

GH Dark Flake in a Vauen bulldog.

This stuff is seriously tough to keep lit. Probably a skill issue on my part, oh well. Still tastes good.
Try the breath method, it works great with very moist tobaccos.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip. Listening to the Braves-Mariners game on the XM since I refuse to pay for Apple TV+.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. These old estate stems are getting a serious cleaning. Never understood why some smokers allow them to gunk up.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Also relaxing after a wonderful dinner of leftover chicken, rice, and green beans. My philosophy is anytime I have a dinner to eat it's wonderful. After all there folks out there who don't have any dinner. Anyway, enjoying Drucquer Levant in a Pete Watson and some porto wine on the side. Night falling, rain has stopped. Still overcast so no stars to wish upon. My last pipe for today. Good evening BoBs.

Finished work for the day, and am passing the first third of this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Going to do a little estate pipe cleaning.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent. Still have lots of things to do.
Tinsky_BookKeeper_side.jpg

My philosophy is anytime I have a dinner to eat it's wonderful. After all there folks out there who don't have any dinner.
My family saw meals the same way. The admonishment regarding those who don't have any dinner was a reminder to not waste the food you put on your plate. A minimal amount of our waste from food preparation becomes trash. Ends, peels, bad spots, gristle etc. gets filtered through the dog, cats, birds, bunnies and the bottom of the line is the worm farm. It's a waste not want not philosophy and while meals didn't begin by saying grace they ended with "thank God for that!"

These old estate stems are getting a serious cleaning. Never understood why some smokers allow them to gunk up.
View attachment 9741
I think I heard in a YTPC video that in the old days, a lot of folks just viewed pipes as a disposable tool. Smoke until you can't use it anymore, and then throw/put it away and get a new one.