What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to a week long meeting, I've been off the pipe. First smoke is PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Savinelli 815KS. Should have a clean palate after that hiatus and some plain seltzer water. Getting some nice grass, hay, and slightly sweet caramel tastes. Man, it's good to be back. The pipe will also help me in studying about building deck stairs. After all, that's work too 😀
Swede, Home Depot sells metal stair frames in various sizes, 2/3/4 step. You can make them as wide as you want and they aren't that expensive. I bought a 3 step to use on the back side of our berm so I didn't have to play billy goat to cross, lol. Just add 2x12s for the steps.

Top o the morning laddies. Its Hobbits Weed in a Pete Pub this morning with strong Costa Rican coffee. It's a beautiful day here. 62 and sunny. Like our friend Zippo I'm just basking in the day. Birdies in the feeders, quail on the berm, bunnies cavorting in the brush. Wife's flower patch has acquired a new visitor. He seems to appreciate the beauty, and the taste, of the flowers, lol.

Attachments

• 20230527_071438.mp4
    47.5 MB
Starting off my smoking day wth a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Swede, Home Depot sells metal stair frames in various sizes, 2/3/4 step. You can make them as wide as you want and they aren't that expensive. I bought a 3 step to use on the back side of our berm so I didn't have to play billy goat to cross, lol. Just add 2x12s for the steps.
Ranger107 thanks, I'm going to look into those.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. No walks for now, and not likely later either due to rain. Watching the Yankees-Padres game. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink on this chilly, rainy day. I just discovered that Daisy the Fearl Princess somehow snuck in when m'lady left to go shopping because she just plopped her head down on my foot. I should put her back out, but she really wants warmth and attention. It's a good thing Suzy and Molly are snoozin' in the bedroom because they hate other cats, so I'll leave sneaky Daisy where she is until I get up to get my next smoke.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2013 E-soterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching the Braves-Phillies game. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

We brought in a barn kitten, kept her with the birds until she grew enough to roam. The first day we let her ram free she found the slider and became a house cat.

Second round of GH Balkan Mixture, taking a break before moving ducks.
I'd love to have Daisy be a house cat, but Suzy and especially Molly would not allow it. We've had Molly for almost 14 years, and she's still a bit skittish. Molly hates and is afraid of Daisy, who is much bigger than her. Daisy's been hanging around here for a couple of years now, and nothing's going to change even though we've certainly tried.

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this tobacco or pipe (which is dedicated to the mighty delicious Strang) in quite a while, but it was time to do so. Glad I have an aged stash of this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Still working on cleaning one estate Peterson meer.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg