What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Not a latakia guy
2. Not a cob guy

Rattrays Red Rapparee (1998) in this cob.
Sample of the Rattrays was sent to me by a buddy to compare to a sample fro 2008. As far as i recall, I failed to provide feedback... just found the baggies in a mason jar when i found a bunch of other things while cleaning my closet to make room for a bookcase.

Also smoking some ribs for my wife on the green mountain.

Greetings from Athens-Greece, my infos from an ''insider'' were that the chief of Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee full of angry slapped his hand on the desk and shouted: he has embarrassed us so many times, he keeps escaping and posting free to encourage the others. We have to catch him, today is our last chance. Listen me all of you,that's an order, arrest him and confiscate his pipe and his tobacco!
From the early morning i have spotted in the opposite roof a surveillance agent, in the block a drone was making circles, two unknown guys were in the right corner and an unmarked car with tinted windows was in the left. I knew that was a deadly trap from the enemy which hated my freedom so much.
This is the last Quarantine day but i couldn't stay inside only because they wanted so my decision was go out and as for the threats my answer was-is-will be only one: ''Μολων Λαβε'' which means in Greek ''Come if you dare and get them''. So i rappel from the back balcony, run and bypass a hostile dog, i jumped 2 walls and after crawling in a tunnel i manage to escape and go to my favourite spot for 2 hours of relaxation with my Kompoloi and my pipe.

28398434f0ef8676c06ecf2baec68be3f350d99f.jpg

Skandinavik Vanilla.

GH&Co Dark Flake (u) in an Orlik of Old Bond Street Canadian.

I suck at cleaning oxidized stems. This pipes whistles at me, but has a small bowl, so its used for strong tobacco.

IHT":lhsqmmbh said:
GH&Co Dark Flake (u) in an Orlik of Old Bond Street Canadian.

I suck at cleaning oxidized stems.  This pipes whistles at me, but has a small bowl, so its used for strong tobacco.

I'm also quite bad at cleaning stems so a few of mine look pretty terrible lol

Gray day today but enjoying some 1994 vintage Sam Gawith Skiff in a vintage London-made John Redman Tall Dublin.

BriarBeagle":vxrao9bh said:
Plenty of sunshine today. Enjoying a lunchtime bowl of McConnell Scottish Flake in a smooth bulldog with horn accent.

Damn, yet another fine pipe!

I recently posted that I found McConnell's Scottish Cake kind meh. How does the Scottish Flake compare?

Brunello":zyx6ezah said:
BriarBeagle":zyx6ezah said:
Plenty of sunshine today. Enjoying a lunchtime bowl of McConnell Scottish Flake in a smooth bulldog with horn accent.

Damn, yet another fine pipe!

I recently posted that I found McConnell's Scottish Cake kind meh. How does the Scottish Flake compare?
IMO a totally different blend, despite the similarity in the listed ingredient leaves. Aside of the difference in presentation, the Flake is topped with Rum (in a very good way). I personally am not a big fan of the Cake, and find it "meh" as well, but the Flake...Oh the Flake! So good (for me)!!!

Sid.Stavros":a0xq2fc8 said:
Greetings from Athens-Greece, my infos from an ''insider'' were that the chief of Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee full of angry slapped his hand on the desk and shouted: he has embarrassed us so many times, he keeps escaping and posting free to encourage the others. We have to catch him, today is our last chance. Listen me all of you,that's an order, arrest him and confiscate his pipe and his tobacco!
From the early morning i have spotted in the opposite roof a surveillance agent, in the block a drone was making circles, two unknown guys were in the right corner and an unmarked car with tinted windows was in the left. I knew that was a deadly trap from the enemy which hated my freedom so much.
This is the last Quarantine day but i couldn't stay inside only because they wanted so my decision was go out and as for the threats my answer was-is-will be only one: ''Μολων Λαβε'' which means in Greek ''Come if you dare and get them''. So i rappel from the back balcony, run and bypass a hostile dog, i jumped 2 walls and after crawling in a tunnel i manage to escape and go to my favourite spot for 2 hours of relaxation with my Kompoloi and my pipe.

28398434f0ef8676c06ecf2baec68be3f350d99f.jpg

Skandinavik Vanilla.
faff3a1036ba04eebeac128dae742e37.jpg

Cheers,

RR

I've had 3 subarus... should have 4 but wife wanted a Ford Edge over the new Forrester Sport?

Anywho.... takin a break at work.
Some old Elizabethan Mix in a StanwellRoyal Prine 11 (the reason i re-found this forum - google search on this shape).

As a VaPer fan, i've never been wowed by this blend. It's solid, and this bowl is probably the best its ever been for me. The tobacco is bone dry, freshly cleaned pipe... i'm horrible w cleaning my old ebonite stems.

Have been toting these from desk to desk the past few yrs without proper storing..

Sun finally came out so took a quiet walk in the woods. I suppose some McClelland Virginia Woods would have been appropriate but at the last second I decided to go with one of my last bowls of vintage Ashton Celebrated Sovereign in an Eskisher Meer Claw.

Dog found a wild turkey nest. Odd how these ground nesters are so vulnerable to foxes, bears, coons, and other critters than wander these parts.