What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2840550921fdb3984990d69c8cd1e2435234eda8.jpg

Ocean Liner Black & Gentle.

Brewdude":eohzsuwo said:
WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!:cheers:

Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, in. A Pete B5. Been a while since I've had this blend and now I don't understand why I haven't kept it in my cellar at all times, a great blend.

I think that Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake is such a friendly blend that many pipe guys come across it early in their journey and really enjoy it. It’s perhaps like a gateway blend for serious flake for those expanding from aros. Then as is the way of human nature they move on, often leaving it behind for more “advanced” blends.  Then it’s either kinda forgotten or maybe perceived as an elementary level blend.  

Bjarne Flake DeLuxe was another in that kind of thing for me.

I’m sure a large segment of the pipe population completely agrees with your positive assessment of it...very enjoyable, very friendly.  And also what I think of as its cousin...Luxury Twist Flake.  You might revisit that as well for a comparison.

Sidebar: So if LBF is a starter flake where does “the journey” ultimately lead? For me it’s Gawith Dark Flake Unscented. Well, to each his own.

Germain Eighteen-Twenty (from a 2008 tin) in a Charatan Meerschaum. This has got to be one of my favorite mid-morning smokes. The meer has a Charatan comfort stem and was carved before CAO became its own company (it has a fairly large chamber with 23.5 mm bore for a good long session!). Couldn't find the darn pic, so this is from my desktop

Enjoyed an aromatic treat after a spicy Cuban pork lunch: Borkum Riff in an Yves St. Claude Bent Brandy. This is the original Va-Bur formula with chestnut flavoring from a ~1994 tub when the product was made in Sweden. The new production made in Denmark uses prune and plum flavoring. One of the very few aromatics that I enjoy on occasion.

John Aylesbery (spelling?) Magic Mix
In a Savinelli Hercules bent paneled billiard.
Baccy was a gift from a co-worker who was tdy to germany, he didn't know what to get.
Solid tobacco as far as bulk aro's go.

My first "real" pipe...  bought in Dallas around '97.  Smokes awesome, used for Aros.

I like that pipe...  haven't grown used to bit protectors yet.
----

I'm having some Dunhill 3 yr Matured in a Bones Saucer....  before the storms hit Leavenworth.

Peterson Deluxe in a Peterson B 42 Darwin. Getting too hot already for this kind of sweet aro. Guess I'll have to lay off until Autumn.

Happy Saturday, everyone. I'm enjoying some HOTW that's a decade old in a rusticated large bowl Peterson. Diet DP as a chaser. A really nice way to usher in the evening.

raf66":oo9vaf1i said:
Happy Saturday, everyone. I'm enjoying some HOTW that's a decade old in a rusticated large bowl Peterson. Diet DP as a chaser. A really nice way to usher in the evening.
Hmm, never tried it with DP. Somehow bubbly always irritates my palate when I'm smoking. I prefer Arizona Green Tea or even just water, but I do like Doctor Pepper and can imagine the flavors mingle very well together.

By the way, I've noticed you have some excellent aged baccies, like the ten year old Orlik Golden Slice you posted last week. Way to make us all envious! :lol:

My tobaccos have a good bit of age for two reasons: 1) I tend to buy in bulk when I find a blend I like; and 2) I smoke very sparingly in the winter months, which allows me to keep plenty of tobacco on hand. And since I only smoke a few bowls/week in the spring/summer/fall, most of my "stash" is several years old.

I just realized that maybe I need to smoke more!