What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a huge Honey-Do list today so only time for one pipe: Planta Full English in an Alpha Centuri (Israel).

Preben":byr5xupt said:
nice pipe.
Thanks. This one was from the 70s when they were made by a Danish master carver living in Israel. It is no Preben Holm, but solid upper-middle quality with a Danish aesthetic. The brand later sold to Mastercraft as a price-point product, and those are the ones that most Americans know.

PS LBF in the Nording Freehand Signature that my son gave me for Christmas two years ago.

cloudy morning - storms predicted the last week and the next 12 days or so seem to be scarce and the last 7 years or so the weather people must be smoking something else, if you get my drift - they are basically 90% wrong. had a pot of coffee and a bowl of spark plug in a preben.

inside now and will make some breakfast and maybe some serious espresso or possibly some tea - not sure what yet - and then will go out and do some garden work and vineyard work. (Firewood is way behind schedule this year so have pondered doing some of that too) Have nice sunday morning!

FINAL COUNTDOWN

Gentlemen, no matter how hard the Enemy (the Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee) tried to postpone the date, tomorrow, May 25, the cafes will open (outdoor space only). It won't be the same as before (fewer people-the tables at a greater distance, etc.) but it's a start. No matter what they do, they can't stop us, we will smoke our pipe in public with coffee and Kompoloi until the end, we will never give up the fight!

b010.gif

28434186b17e2abda35febd0ab9f9d4c60e3a4d6.jpg

2843418572bf582cb83eaf827a2846c74ec6d8ac.jpg

Stanwell Vanilla.

Brunello":i1r8n1c9 said:
IHT":i1r8n1c9 said:
SG Grousemoor in a Stanwell churchwarden
I've always been tempted by Grousemoor but have been scared when I read how people say it is "oddly perfumed."

Is your churchwarden a HCA or something else?
It is perfumed, not typical lakeland essence. To be honest, the first 3rd of the pipe was like air.
The pipe in question was mine, it is an HCA Stanwell. Gave it to a co-worker who i went to visit after i got off work. It is also his Grousemoore.

He doesn't like the blend, and the pipe had dust on it, bowl still looked new, no ghosting, so it took a ton of relights to get that stuff going (whichbis odd for me and sg/gh blends).

Was over at that friends house, he has an OLD tobacco plug cutter he refurbished, and i took my 1 and only tin of Petersons 3 Ps so i could prep it.

Today, at some point, i will smoke it.

Treated myself to a bowl of the original Larus Bros. Edgeworth Sliced burley in a Charles Towne cob. A little bit of heaven!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Smoking some 2011 Robert McConnell Folded Flake in a Radice Rind Billiard, the PSD 2019 POY. I seem to have a thing for these POY’s/LE’s.
LFOeoBj.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 325px

after a day outside picking at stuff and then inside and making some food with a nice NZ sauvignon blanc (I am a pinot guy and rarely drink whites - but this one was nice) i had a bowl of gaslight in a burak oompaul. storms almost here.

Sun finally broke through the gloom. Mac Baren Vintage Syrian in a Peterson Deerstalker Meerschaum. Already getting hot and humid, will have to retire my English/Balkans and transition to Virginias for the summer.

I'm smoking some EMP in a Ser Jacopo Rowlette Candle Carving tapered billiard. Some french press coffee on the side.

Enjoy your weekend.

Pleasant 79 degrees with some cooling breeze. Transitioning to Summer blends and enjoying some Ashton Gold Rush in a Golden Gate Ukrainian pipe. This is the pipe I've mentioned before, the Golden Swan model that cost just fifty bucks delivered to my door (from a U.S. seller) and it smokes as good or better than some of the Petes and Savs I paid $115 for!  Does well with Virginias.