What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a bowl of erinmore in a nording at David Crockett state park

image.jpg

Been pairing up pipes and tobacco the past few weeks. Today, I finally found the partner for a Nording Freehand: C&D Engine #99. This was one of my favorites in my previous pipe life and it marries beautifully with this pipe.

This is my second Nording (the other is a Briar Compass) and both of them wanted more of a break-in time the any of my other pipes are were far more finicky to the type of tobacco it wanted. I'm a flavor seeker--the more layered the better--so now, I'm very pleased with this pipe.

Yeah!

Attachments

• Nording Freehand.jpg
    Nording Freehand.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 78
Just enjoyed a bowl of C&D Red Flake Virginia (from the 2020 limited edition) in a Ropp Etudiant Sandblasted Bent Dublin.

Attachments

• Ropp Etudiant Sandblasted (J05).jpg
    Ropp Etudiant Sandblasted (J05).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 72
So I smoked my first post COVID pipe this afternoon. Hal O’ The Wynd in a Radice Rind Billiard. While I enjoyed my first smoke in over three weeks, I have to say my taste/smell is not at all back. I could feel some perique tingle, but the smoke was flat otherwise. I’m hoping that improves with time or else I’ve a whole bunch of blends that will likely taste the same. Time will tell! I’m optimistic.