What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penzance from a recent trade in a Falcon with a Meer Bulldog bowl.
Sk7UG3V.jpg

Dunbar in one of my own pipes. Coffee with sugar to drink and watching commercials from the 50s.

Wowza, what a pipe Dave!

Post supper, took a new little Ropp paneled Apple on a test with C&D Odessa. She loved this tobacco...different from the German clay pipe I did a side by side with. The Ropp is very much a delicate sipper, where as the same tobacco in the clay was like going on a bar hop romp with Keith Richards!

Anyway, a wonderful way to fire myself up before my evening walk!

Cowboy coffee on the side.
Ropp Paneled Apple.jpg

Thick-walled Design Berlin with Wilke Crystal Palace from recent trade. Very mild Balkan which accumulates some sweetness by end of the bowl. Good way to ease in the morning with amble through the woods.

View attachment 133
Looks like a beautiful walk there. Have you tried stokkebey's 306 EOS? How does the Wilke compare. Looking for a good mild english/balkan and the ps 306 os best I have found yet.

Finishing up a pouch of H&H in a Lorenzo Cordero giant estate pipe. Part of my foray into codger blends. Not my cup of tea. Bland with some harsh edges. Also can burn hot if pushed too hard. Won't buy again.

Looks like a beautiful walk there. Have you tried stokkebey's 306 EOS? How does the Wilke compare. Looking for a good mild english/balkan and the ps 306 os best I have found yet.
Haven't tried the PS 306 English Oriental Supreme. Maybe others can comment. I have tried PS 17 English Luxury which uses the exact same ingredients in different proportions, and I've tried Newminster 306 English Oriental which I found high-toned and lacking foundation. All I can say is reading Jim Inks description of PS 306 being tangy, woody, vegetative does not at all describe the smooth harmonious smoke that Crystal Palace is.

Haven't tried the PS 306 English Oriental Supreme. Maybe others can comment. I have tried PS 17 English Luxury which uses the exact same ingredients in different proportions, and I've tried Newminster 306 English Oriental which I found high-toned and lacking foundation. All I can say is reading Jim Inks description of PS 306 being tangy, woody, vegetative does not at all describe the smooth harmonious smoke that Crystal Palace is.
I am nowhere near Jiminks level of reviewershjp (is that even a word lol?) Howwver, i found the 306 to be very smooth. The lat is much more subtle than most balkan blends but a bit stronger than some of the other labeled English blends. Good taste woodsy yes but I would not call it tangy in any way. IMHO.

Finished up some John Bull in my MM General. Not bad enough to throw away, not good enough to buy again. Now having McB vanilla cream in a Comoy billiard. This is much better and wife loves the room note.? Sitting on the patio watching for tumbleweeds. Really windy today.

Finished up some John Bull in my MM General. Not bad enough to throw away, not good enough to buy again. Now having McB vanilla cream in a Comoy billiard. This is much better and wife loves the room note.? Sitting on the patio watching for tumbleweeds. Really windy today.
I always get compliments with MacB Vanilla Cream Flake. :)

Watch City Persian Slipper in GBD Yachstman. Although I like trying new things I'm not sure this one is for me. I can smell the sweetness in the jar note but the palate is exceedingly dry: baking soda, yeast, sourdough bread. As usual, I'll reserve final judgement until I've tried it in a meer when the planets and moon are in perfect alignment! ;)

BoB-GBD.PNG