What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16052374883271897468926427543590.jpg
Chenet's Cake

Trying to finish up the John Bull I got from P&C. Not the best but better this am in mt MM general. Lots of stems/twigs making it hard to pack properly. May switch to Sutliff dark cordial in my hand carved stanwell next.

Continued exploration of Wilke Crystal Palace from a recent trade, this time in a SMS meer. I already knew it was too mild to stand up to my medium-dark roast morning coffee, so this time I tried it with some Fujian Bai Mu Dan white tea with a dollop of Agave sweetener, and worked quite well. The wonderful jar note and lingering aroma alone are worth the effort to find the right pipe and time of day to enjoy! :)

Sitting on the patio, listening to snow fall, wind whispers and bird song accompanied by a bowl of C&D 2020 Small Batch Carolina Red Flake in a Ropp Etudiant Sandblasted Bent Dublin. Cowboy coffee (black) on the side. Currently, its 2 degrees above freezing out here in Burley, Idaho.

Watch City Off the Rails in a 1969 London-made John Redman Tall Dublin. This limited-release blend is no longer available, so I was fortunate to be able to try some when I recently swapped one unobtainium for another.

BoB-TallDublin.PNG

Just finished some PS 306 EOS in a Sav non pareil estrella billiard. Creme sherry on the side. Nice combo on a beautiful night here in the mountains.

Davidoff Royalty in a Bracownia Regata Churchwarden. Yes, once a year I bring out the black sheep of my collection.

Sunny mild day at 55 degrees, but with an Autumn crispness in the air. I know, I know, those in colder climes, like Paul_of_Burley, will scoff at 55 being crisp, and say that 2 degrees above freezing is what you'd call "crisp and refreshing." But am I here to talk about the weather, or an awesome smoke??

2015 McClelland Virginia Woods in a Design Berlin 9mm. The most I've ever enjoyed this blend. Maybe the 9mm filter helped but I suspect it was this: I found two bowl's worth of fairly dry, but not crisp, baccy in the original 100 gram tin that I hadn't been able to stuff into a mason jar. That was two years ago! By now virtually all the McClelland ketchup is gone leaving only smooth rich matured Virginias and some underlying casing of brown sugar and molasses. What a treat! I may have to have the other bowl today and strike while the iron is hot. :D

Ordered up some of the C&D Burley flake series that arrived an hour ago. Just had half a bowl of C&D Burley Flake #1 in a Rossi Stout, rusticated billiard. Cold wind, windchimes and Cowboy Coffee on the side. This one hit the spot. As a lover of Burley, this one will certainly garner more attention. Good stuff!

Just finished two bowls of post-chores 'baccy!! 14-year-old Balkan Sasieni in a Sasieni Patent Four Dot "Ruff-Root" Danzey & 10-year-old Proper English in 2010 Boswell DH LB-sized Rhodesian!! Alongside some really good, cool IPA!!! Life is good!!!!!! FTRPLT

PS 306 english in an early 90 series Hilson flame grain bent billiard. Bit of a chill in the air. Temp 55 but feels colder with no sun on the patio and some wind chill.

Just finished two bowls of post-chores 'baccy!! 14-year-old Balkan Sasieni in a Sasieni Patent Four Dot "Ruff-Root" Danzey & 10-year-old Proper English in 2010 Boswell DH LB-sized Rhodesian!! Alongside some really good, cool IPA!!! Life is good!!!!!! FTRPLT
Had a Sasieni 4 dot ruff root dublin that I bought after college in the mid 70's. Dang good smoker. Wish I had never sold it.