What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hal O’ the Wynd in a Radice Rusticated Twin Bore Bent Apple.
tPqsFIu.jpg

Up early this am, before sunrise. McB vanilla creme in a pete bent pot. Watching the sun come up over the mountains.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-15-06-52-14.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-15-06-52-14.png
    844.1 KB · Views: 59
Started off with C&D Burley Flake #4 which is read about here on the forum. Lit up in a Rossi Canted Black Sandblasted Dublin. Oh yeah! Rich, nuanced and simply delicious!

Followed this a half hour later with C&D Tuggle Hall. Sampled with a Nording Compass and then fired it up in the Rossi too. The pipes brought out different aspects of the mixture and both were also fantastic. Both of these have found a place in my rotation.

Enjoyed out on the patio accompanied by silence and a mug of trusty Cowboy Coffee. Great, relaxing and contemplative pipes this morning.

When I got home from the horse ranch today I decided it was time to break into the treasure trove that Brunello was kind enough to send me. Let me preface this with the fact that I asked for some tobaccos that I had heard about and wanted to try. Several others I had never heard of but figured they would be a nice surprise. So, my first choice was Hobbitt Weed from Tewksbery. Had I known it was a cherry blend probably would not have asked for it. I just liked the name. I'm not a big fan of cherry blends and most I have tried were goopy and burned hot. What a surprise. This was actually quite good. Very mild but tasty. NO tongue bite at all, and the burley did come through, at least to me. I am not sure if it is still available but if so I will be buying more. Thanks Brunello. Now about to fire up some dunhill 965 in a pete system. Always heard about this but never tried it. Review later. Darkness falling on the patio but still warm and I have a nice honey bourbon to ease the chill, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-15-17-43-28.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-15-17-43-28.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 62
After taking nearly two weeks to get to me (had to have USPS track this down), just cracked open a tin of C&D Burley Flake #2. Sipped in a new Old German Clay with Cowboy Coffee on the side. This is quite the Burley!

Attachments

• Sipping Burley in Burley.jpg
    Sipping Burley in Burley.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 63
Just finished my second bowl of Dunhill 965 which I received from Brunello. Had it in an english dedicated stanwell. Honestly can't understand all the hype about this blend. It isn't bad but many reviews call it full flavored. I did not get that at all and don't get the reviews that claim it is the best English blend ever. I don't dislike it but will take Frog Morton over it any day.

This evening smoking PS LBF in a Radice Rind Billiard with a multi-colored wood shank accent, otherwise known as the “hippie band.” Next up is Pembroke in a Chris Askwith Morta. With the black stem this evening.
U4S5tHj.jpg

Also on the patio enjoying the peace and quiet except for the occasional coyote howling, lol. Finishing out the day with Stokkebe 306 english in an I. Baglin meer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-17-18-33-01.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-17-18-33-01.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 61
Sitting out on the patio, sipping on Rattray's Jocks Mixture in a stout Rossi rusticated Billiard. Cowboy black coffee on the side.
Paul, you have mentioned Cowboy coffee several times. Is that a brand of coffee, a type of coffee, or just your way of brewing it? When camping in my younger days I made coffee in a 3 lb can over the campfire like cowboys used to do but never heard it called that.

Three pipes loaded this eve, don’t know if I’ll get them all smoked. First was WC Blue Ridge Special in a twin bore Radice bent Apple. Now smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in an Abe Herbaugh Rusticated Brandy w/bamboo shank. Last might be WC Deluxe Crumb Cut in an old Grabow Riviera Pot.

Paul, you have mentioned Cowboy coffee several times. Is that a brand of coffee, a type of coffee, or just your way of brewing it? When camping in my younger days I made coffee in a 3 lb can over the campfire like cowboys used to do but never heard it called that.
Hiya Ranger.

It's the way it's brewed. If you do a search for it on UTube, you'll find a fellow there named Kent Rollins...he'll walk you through it.