What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peretti Thanksgiving Day 2019 in a Ron Powell Bamboo Brandy
fsumzBj.jpg

Small black clay with Briar Fox. A lovely kake tobacco that I enjoyed in my earlier pipe life. First pass of it today, a certain keeper.

Attachments

• Small Clay with Briar Fox.jpg
    Small Clay with Briar Fox.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 86
Just tried some H&H Fusselliers Ration in a Stanwell bent apple. Having some odd thoughts about this blend. Most on TR say they like it. I can't make up my mind. Has some interesting nuances that I can't put my finger on. Guess it will take a few more bowls in some different pipes to decide. Any thoughts from you more experienced pipers?

Just tried some H&H Fusselliers Ration in a Stanwell bent apple. Having some odd thoughts about this blend. Most on TR say they like it. I can't make up my mind. Has some interesting nuances that I can't put my finger on. Guess it will take a few more bowls in some different pipes to decide. Any thoughts from you more experienced pipers?
Fusilier's Ration is a keeper for me and luckily I first tried it in a pipe that showed it well (an English Ben Wade). Subsequent trials in other pipes have been hit or miss: good in meers, didn't like my Stanwell Trio or Charatan. I suppose it has a very fine line of flavors that need to be in balance and when they are I enjoy the unique scorched molasses and flinty overtones. Try it in your meer.

Wilke Sailor Jack in a B&B rusticated billiard.

Delicious stuff made of Latakia, Virginia and Maduro cigar leaf. Volumes of thick satisfying smoke, smooth on the palate, pleasant aftertaste. Says it's not flavored but I detect a hint of rum. My kind of smoke! :D

Fusilier's Ration is a keeper for me and luckily I first tried it in a pipe that showed it well (an English Ben Wade). Subsequent trials in other pipes have been hit or miss: good in meers, didn't like my Stanwell Trio or Charatan. I suppose it has a very fine line of flavors that need to be in balance and when they are I enjoy the unique scorched molasses and flinty overtones. Try it in your meer.
Will do, in my big I. Baglin meer. but may have to wait a day or two. recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder this am. kind of awkward piping one handed, lol.

Up this evening: Wilke Surbrug's Crystal Palace in an Arley Curtz Brandy with a partial bamboo shank. L.J. Peretti #333 in an Arley Curtz 1/4 bent Pot. C&D Pirate Kake from March of '17 in a Savinelli Roma 320 KS.
mZCnrCv.jpg

Wilke No. 400 in a twin bore Design Berlin.

Good stuff, well-balanced, but not the wow of Wilke's Sailor Jack which I had earlier today. Was surprised to see this described as a full-bodied English. Not by how RSteve or myself define a full English. This is rather more elegant, reminding me of Germain's King Charles, with a subtle topping of apple cider which flashes away after about 10 minutes.

Will do, in my big I. Baglin meer. but may have to wait a day or two. recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder this am. kind of awkward piping one handed, lol.
Heal well, Brother!

Off to have a bowl of C&D Dark Burley in a panel Ropp apple. Black steaming Cowboy Coffee on the side.

Heal well, Brother!

Off to have a bowl of C&D Dark Burley in a panel Ropp apple. Black steaming Cowboy Coffee on the side.
Thanks Paul, can't let a little thing like losing one arm stop a true piper. As they say, more than one way to skin the feline. With my right arm in a sling, found I could hold the pipe in my right hand, pack with my left, and off to the races. Just takes a bit longer, but well worth the effort. Now if I can find a way to speed up one handed typing,,lol.

Well, you were right Bru. Packed up my I. Baglan large meer bent pot/apple. Not sure as it is a hand carved with horse on the front. Anyway, it was very good. Also broke up the flakes some more, packs much better with smaller pieces vs. trying to stuff in some larger chunks of flake. It still has a strange nuance that I can't identify. Not latakia as I know that well. Could be one of the orientals that I'm not familiar with? Think I will try it next time in my Pete system that smokes like a charm with everything I've put in it so far. Based on your post, think my next order will include some Pegasus. Sounds like a blend I would like.

Fusilier's Ration in a Pete Meer.

Ruccio looks up, his nose a twitchin' and asks "are you grilling something good in that pipe? How come I get a twig and you get the good stuff??"

BoB-Ruccio.PNG