What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Braved 18F on the patio with a virgin Ropp Vintage Cutty filled with Penny Farthing. Pipe arrived yesterday and it brought out new dimensions to this beautiful, shag cut tobacco. Cowboy Coffee at hand.

Ropp Vintage Cutty.jpg

Greasy, have you tried the luxury navy flake? Can you compare them? Reviews of the two are very inconsistent.
Ranger, I have tried the LNF, but it's been a while (like years). I don't have any on hand, but I'll make a point to grab some next time I'm at the B&M. I have a kilo of Comoy #7 on the way, looking forward to that comparison as well.

28 on the patio this am, but doable with the patio heater on. Started out with xmas spice in the new Pete Rosslare, a good match up. Second bowl is PS luxury navy flake in a Butz 1/4 bent dublin. Love the look of this pipe, almost a perfect straight grain and pearl amber stem, but it smokes a bit hot. Handling the LNF okay but still warm.

Fired up this morning's Ropp Vintage, this time filled with Montgomery. Great VA Pipe! Montgomery really shone here too, bringing forth all kinds of enticing flavors. Cowboy Coffee at my side. Back to wrapping up a few holiday gifts now...

Earlier today: Ashton Gold Rush in a 1970's Pierre Cardin Belgique.

Right now: BriarPipe NYC's "Benediction" in a Barling Bulldog. Woodford Reserve Double Oaked on the side. I'm going to limit myself to just two fingers - that's why I'm using the widest tumbler I have! ;)

Participated in the Secret Santa offering here:

Good idea.

I really enjoy C&D blends and so went to tobacco review, C&D and picked a random number. That is my Secret Santa gift. Will order next month (already ordered at least a dozen times from them this month...a bit of restraint is also part of the lesson here!

Will share the blend on Dec. 25th. 🤠
So the magic number yielded C&D Black Frigate, which I had never had.

Until now!

What a beautiful blend! Had it on the patio in sub freezing temps with a hot cup of my Cowboy Coffee in a Old German white clay pipe. Delicious tobacco, will certainly acquire more of this one. An absolute delight.

Three squirrels playing and a flock of Canadian geese lifting off from the Snake River added to the joy.

Thanks Santa!

Happy Holidays to you all.

A burley kind of morning here in AZ mountains. 38 but warming up nicely with the sun beaming down. 3 star blue in the Don Carlos full bent apple. Nice big chamber for a long smoke. May dedicate this to burley blends as it seems to like them. Second bowl will be CH in my MM general. Life is good on this Christmas day.

Until now!

What a beautiful blend! Had it on the patio in sub freezing temps with a hot cup of my Cowboy Coffee in a Old German white clay pipe. Delicious tobacco, will certainly acquire more of this one. An absolute delight.

Three squirrels playing and a flock of Canadian geese lifting off from the Snake River added to the joy.

Thanks Santa!

Dang, another one to add to the TAD list. CH in a MM cob. Only chore today is to fix the bird feeder that the damn javelinas knocked down last night.

Until now!

Thanks Santa!

Just dumb luck or the guiding hand of destiny? Oooh. Black Frigate is one of my favorites. Glad you had to the opportunity to try it!

A Christmas tradition; a pipeful in my clay churchwarden; very Victorian don'tchaknow :)! And nothing more fitting than Figgy Pudding! Merry Christmas to all...

Mph6xQgl.jpg
Righteous Brother! Looks so good I may have to do the same (in my shorter clay, or briar churchwarden). Nice festive pic.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the pipe smokers around the World!

ldd2mqB.jpg

OSqmwcI.jpg

I am smoking J.M Boswell Christmas Cookie.

PS: There is not such a thing like ''happy holidays" here that day, this is only when the Summer vacations start.
Sid, think you missed a couple of spots on the tree, lol. How goes the "Greek piper rebellion"?

Back from a wonderful meal with my brother-in-law. Had some Orlik Golden Slice but wanted something with more oomph...upon returning home, fired up a bowl of C&D Redburn in Rossi Rusticated Stout Billiard #2, and boy oh boy, did that hit the spot! Delicious tobacco as the temp drops. Snow expected later tonight....