What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After dinner smoke. Decided to try the cowboy coffee in a MM country gentlemen. I LIKE this stuff. Earl gray on the side. Can't wait to try this with dark roast coffee in the morning. Will be my first bowl tomorrow. Sorry Paul not enough patience to make cowboy coffee but I think TJ's winter blend will do nicely.

Earlier this evening: some more of my Inglorious Bastard blend. This has turned out to be better than just a bastard blend of leftovers, as each ingredient was selected to bring something to the blend. Deserves a better name, I'm thinking about Sherwood Forest. Yes, I give all my creations names, but I don't name my pipes like Burly Paul does. Could make for an interest thread . . .

Just now: Wilke High Hat in a Design Berlin Siegfried. Good, but I decided to take the rest of my supply and make a big batch of Benediction. That's it for tonight, check in with you guys tomorrow.

You're like a kid in a candy store! Glad to see you are enjoying your haul. All good stuff. I'll probably join you tomorrow morning with some Cowboy Coffee.

Greetings from Athens-Greece.

Ys5ICSa.jpg

MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake.

You're like a kid in a candy store! Glad to see you are enjoying your haul. All good stuff. I'll probably join you tomorrow morning with some Cowboy Coffee.
You are right about that, lol. Cowboy Coffee this am in my Pete system B42. Dark roast winter blend coffee on the side. Think it deserves a second bowl in a cob.

Earlier this evening: some more of my Inglorious Bastard blend. This has turned out to be better than just a bastard blend of leftovers, as each ingredient was selected to bring something to the blend. Deserves a better name, I'm thinking about Sherwood Forest. Yes, I give all my creations names, but I don't name my pipes like Burly Paul does. Could make for an interest thread . . .

Just now: Wilke High Hat in a Design Berlin Siegfried. Good, but I decided to take the rest of my supply and make a big batch of Benediction. That's it for tonight, check in with you guys tomorrow.
Bru, saw a couple of nice design berlins on ebay for around $125. Good deal?

Second bowl of Cowboy Coffee in a MM general cob. You guys are right. This stuff is delish. Goes great with the dark roast coffee. Chilly morning on the patio, 50 but feels colder with the wind. But the pipe and coffee are offsetting the chill.

Need to look at the Cowboy Coffee you guys are talking about to go with my Cowboy Coffee! 🤠

Just had some C&D Bluegrass in a Rattray's Good Deal 9mm filter-less Billiard. This pipe brings out a deep Kentucky flavor and cedar interplay with an effervescent Perique presence. Very tasty out on the patio with a hot cup of Cowboy Coffee with a cold drizzle.

Need to look at the Cowboy Coffee you guys are talking about to go with my Cowboy Coffee! 🤠

Just had some C&D Bluegrass in a Rattray's Good Deal 9mm filter-less Billiard. This pipe brings out a deep Kentucky flavor and cedar interplay with an effervescent Perique presence. Very tasty out on the patio with a hot cup of Cowboy Coffee with a cold drizzle.
Yep, you should get some. Good stuff. Second trip to the candy store today. Rivendell in a Stanwell thick walled bent apple.

Didn't get my first pipe today until after dinner . . . Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in a Savinelli Capri.

First bowl PA in my Butz magnum with morning coffee. Next bowl will be Cowboy Coffee probably in a Road Town bent rhodesian dedicated to burley and virginias.

C&D Pegasus in a Lane Executive Pot.
Even drawing through the stem of the unlit pipe I can "taste" the distinctive casing that I enjoy so much: tapioca, bourbon, and a faint hit of spicy ginger on the retrohale. I generally prefer this blend later in the evening, but sometimes it's just what I need in the morning.

Bru, saw a couple of nice design berlins on ebay for around $125. Good deal?
If it's the premier line I'd say so. I have three of their upper-tier pipes and would put them in my A+ category along with my best two meers, and two vintage Comoys. I've seen some less expensive Design Berlins on eBay, and the Junior line on Watch City website, but I have a feeling those are like Savinell's Rossi line - good value but quality of briar and attention to finish not as good. I may be wrong, but I've been hesitant to try the lower end stuff; upper-tier products like my Royal Star, Sterling, and Siegfried I know to be top performers. Can't offer any comparison against Vauen, but I suspect German engineering is a matter of pride with both.