What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked a bowl of GH Kendal Dark in a Personal Reserve Pipe - a bent Dublin.

Ranger 107 - I tried it and liked it. It's not a complex smoke, very straightforward. I ordered 10 tins of it from P&C yesterday to take advantage of the sale.

Notice P&C has Orlik Old Dark Fired on sale. Anyone tried this? Opinions? Thinking of getting a couple tins, one for now, one to cellar for a year or so.
Just had a bowl of Orlik Dark Strong in an Alpha Centurion to refresh my memory. It's good enough that I've gone through a tin a year since 2015, and I've tried it fresh and with three years in tin + 1 year in jar and for me it is always tastiest when fresh and full of flavor. I just don't see that it "develops" or makes sense to cellar with the idea of aging it. By all means put a tin on your order, but I wouldn't load up unless you already know you love it. That's just my take on it.

FMOTT in a Georg Jensen hand carved with some Crown Royal. No great sunset tonight but life is still good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-12-17-39-21.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-12-17-39-21.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 64
Peretti Omega in a GBD Seventy-Six. I've enjoyed this recently but today, in this pipe anyway, it didn't satisfy. Up next: John Patton Dark Horse in an English Ben Wade.

Mother nature finally cooperated, allowing me a first smoke of 2021!! 2-year-old Embarcadero in an Askwith sandblast bent. FTRPLT

Some PA in a RoadTown stack billiard. Still trying to find a tobac that this pipe likes. Smokes hot with just about everything. Only good smoke from it so far was Stokkebye LNF.

Cowboy Coffee in the Stanwell. Just cannot believe how well this pipe smokes. Definitely in my top ten and will likely move into the top five with a bit more breaking in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-14-10-22-39.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-14-10-22-39.png
    620.8 KB · Views: 66
It's been a Wilke day: a steady crescendo from good, to better, to best . . .

Morning: Wilke Commander in a Mark Twain cob
After lunch: Wilke 400 in Brigham with maple insert.
Just now: Wilke Crystal Palace in a Design Berlin Siegfried (with non-filter adapter)
Later: have a bowl of Wilke Sailor Jack loaded up in my wide bore (0.9") Charatan 489.

Just finished a bowl of Ashton Artisan's Blend in a Dr. Grabow Eldorado Zulu stained red. My brother found this pipe in a barn and gave it to me. After cleaning it up, it smokes GREAT!

Had my Sailor Jack after dinner and then remembered I had a little left in the bowl of Crystal Palace from earlier today. I used to be fastidious about emptying the bowl and running a pipe cleaner through, now the pipes lay around for a couple hours until I can deal with them. Wondered how the Palace would be as warmed up leftovers - excellent indeed, very creamy and concentrated of flavor toward the bottom of the bowl. Made even better by a side of Brugal 1888 rum. Can't decide which is the better sipping rum this or the 15 year aged Rhum Barbancourt. Will have to do a comparison once I get settled in my big chair (in case I don't get back up!).

Buona notte signori!