What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Plagis, Royal Air Force flying ace with score 16, Distinguished Service Order-Distinguished Flying Cross & Bar Airman's Cross
his real name was Ioannis Agorastos Plagisos and he was Greek.

1.png

I am smoking Captain Black White in a Vauen, single coffee plus water beside me, sun with 46 'F outside.

Cowboy Coffee in a Pete system bent. Bad choice as I'm fighting really stiff wind, gusts to 30 mph. Took 4 charring lights to get going and burned pretty quick due to windy conditions.

Benediction (Brunellos mixture) in my new Maestro de Paya, both thanks to Brunello, a gentleman of the first order. Did not expect free tobacco to come with the pipes. Bru is right, this is a great combo. Love the latakia but still tasting the burley, probably from the High Hat. Thanks Bru.

Seattle Plum Pudding Reserve in the Peterson I got from Brunello. Another winner. The pipe and the tobacco. Wow, opening some new windows of enjoyment.

Thanks to recommendations on this forum, Briarville repaired the stem and I have my favorite Savinelli back. . Also found a nice aromatic thanks to a recommendation on here. All smiles here.

20210120_063352.jpg

Start of my new rotation system pairing my favorite blends with their dedicated pipes (I'll start a separate discussion on this idea).

Here are the pipes du jour:
BoB-Pipedujour.PNG

Morning: Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in its dedicated Savinelli Roma Lucite
Afternoon: C&D Black Frigate in a Peterson Deerstalker Meerschaum.
Evening: Wilke 400 in Design Berlin Siegfried

Rivendell in a Design Berlin POTY that finally made it here from Germany. Smoking cool but not as "full" ad some others. May have to play with the filter or ditch it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-20-08-52-17.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-20-08-52-17.png
    972.7 KB · Views: 52
This afternoon smoking: PS LBF in a 1/2 bent Radice Twin Bore Rusticated Apple, Then Wilke Sailor Jack in a Radice Rind.
wUDDNve.jpg

Castello 55 with some Country Squire Shepherd's Pie, Rad Davis bent brandy with Haddo's Delight and Eltang Rhodesian with Old Gowrie. Unusual for me to get three bowls in during a week day. All delicious.