What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good day all

Starting my day with Louisiana Flake by G&H in a Ser Jacopo Sandblast bulldog

I think I'm seeing everything. Strange we haven't heard from some of the frequent posters lately, Brunello, Paul of Burley, Tennessee Dave, etc.

for this night, classic cinema and some Virgina nº24 by McClleland in an Ardor Terra

ardor terra.jpg

Rivendell in a cheapie Crown bent billiard, in the garage nook as it is snowing, again. Despite it's very non distinct lineage this pipe smokes quite well, especially with some tobaccos, like the Rivendell in it currently.

I think I'm seeing everything. Strange we haven't heard from some of the frequent posters lately, Brunello, Paul of Burley, Tennessee Dave, etc.
I'm fine, been under a time crunch with a project, had maybe two pipes this entire week. But I did send a PM to Paul_of_Burley on the 16th to check in about his absence here since Jan. 4th, and haven't heard back. Always makes me worried. Until everybody gets a vaccine for Covid, that is always my worry.

Just curious. Isn't it a bit sacrilegious to smoke MM tobacco in other than a cob, lol.
Haha! I had been smoking it in a MM cob during the week, just letting it air out. I have been pondering the question of whether there is a basis for the belief that certain brands of tobaccos are better in the same brand of pipe (where applicable). Sometimes I smoke Ashton Artisan's Blend in my Ashton pipe - it smokes good, but not really any better than if I smoke it in one of my other less inexpensive pipes, like a Savinelli for instance. There may be a case for that with the MM blends; maybe they blended them with the goal of having them smoke well in one of their cobs.

About to light up a bowl of Brunello's Bear Claw in a Dr. Grabow Regal billiard. I sent this pipe in to the Dr. Grabow factory in Sparta, NC to have the stem replaced. The shank accidentally shattered while they were working on it, so they glued the pieces back together and put a nickel band on it and it still smokes good. They also sent me a new pipe to make up for breaking this one.

Dr-Grabow-Regal-Repair-002.jpg

Morning: my go-to Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in its dedicated Sav 603.

Afternoon: Country Squire Old Toby in Yves St. Claude bent brandy. Don't know who Toby was but he must have been a toothless old geezer gumming his pipe stems. Highly rated (3.7) Va-Per-Bur aromatic, but it tastes like a lot of old-fashioned B&M Cavendish blends to me. I don't even notice the Perique, so I'm going to try adding some more Perique, and maybe a dash of dark Burley or dark-fired to give this more backbone. Mind you, it was good enough to finish the whole bowl, so it can't be that bad, right? ;)

good night all, for this night one of my favorites, aged Sam´s Flake by Samuel Gawith in a Rafa Martin 47-12 and watching the series "Band of Brothers"

Rafa 47-12.jpg