What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through this bowl of KBV Festivus VaPer beta test in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle stem and p-lip.
PetersonDeluxe20S_1978_P-Lip copy.jpg

Last bowl of cowboy coffee in an aldo velani poker. I like this but wifey prefers the aroma of Rivendell and Figgy Pudding so dropped it from my TAD order last night in favor of more Rivendell and 5/6 other CS blends I want to try. I want to sample some straight VA blends but those tried so far seem to smoke a bit hot. Looked at Green Dragon but a couple of reviewers said it could smoke warm if not nursed a bit. Input from you guys appreciated, especially DLRuth who had posted smoking this a couple of times. Thanks guys,

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and just finished smoking Low Country Pipe & Cigar Natural Virginia & Burley in a 2020 straight black sandblasted Merchant Service “Bing” Standard with a nickel band and black vulcanite tapered stem.
Merchant_Service_Standard2020 copy.jpg

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2017 Seattle Pipe Club Potlatch in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic tapered stem. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Almost half way through this bowl of Wilke Beta Test in an undated quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice apple meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem. Have enough left for about half a bowl.

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Time to do another set of walks on this sunny, chilly day.

I can't tell you anything about it because it isn't mine. The photo I use for that Comoy's was taken by the man who owned the pipe before me. I'm a terrible photographer, so I use his photo. It is really cool, though, and I wouldn't mind owning it.
Thank Jim

1994 vintage Samuel Gawith Skiff in a Charatan Meerschaum. This tin had 26 years on it when I popped it and now about another year in jar. Smooth and mild as you'd expect By now the Latakia isn't even perceptible to me, but there isn't a lot of black leaf in the mix. Mostly toasted sunflower seed and butter from the Turkish, and mellow Virginia tastes (straw, honey). Good, but some of the prices on aged tins are just crazy. I'm glad I got to try this but personally I'd rather put my money with flavorful blends like Wilke 400.

About a quarter of a bowl left of C&D Golden Days of Yore 2020 in an undated quarter bend Royal Meerschaum eagle claw egg meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem.

Now smoking Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Now smoking well aged Bald Headed Teacher in a medium brown, smooth octagonal paneled bowl and shank, medium bend 2016 Tim West Book Keeper 6 with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Tim_West_Bookkeeper.jpg

Wilke Sailor Jack in a Charatan 489 pot. Some of the chopped or torn cuts in this blend are the size of Corn Flakes, so I'm using the widest chamber I have at nearly a full inch. Even though one type of leaf may be burning at a time the distinctive casing keeps a common undertone throughout the bowl.

FMOTT in my newly acquired Randy Wiley received today. The one I got on ebay for $75. A little TJ's reserve Zinfindel on the side left over from a great sirloin steak dinner. Watching the stars come out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-08-18-05-58.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-08-18-05-58.png
    613.1 KB · Views: 59
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon, mushrooms and green beans dinner with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm now smoking SWRA in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting set to watch an episode of The Untouchables.
Savinelli_Hercules_115EX pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am now smoking Watch City Simply VOriental in an undated straight smooth medium brown Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to work in a few minutes.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog copy.jpg

Listing this a little early so I can concentrate on work for a while: year 2015 Sir Walter Raleigh in a 1947-49 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson3_Smooth_bulldog_PWW2 copy.jpg

Just finishing this bowl of Stokkebye Highland Whiskey in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar John Barrett Volcano with a walnut shank and a black plastic stem. Deciding on my next smoke as I type this.