What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solani Aged Burley in the little "Bronx Baby" pipe I got from BriarPipeNYC. If I pack it about 3/4 full it's just the right amount to accompany me on my 15 minute drive into town, and maybe I finish the last couple minutes sitting in the parking lot. I don't care for small bore pipes that I can't stuff with my pinkie, but this one is almost as wide as it is deep. I thought about calling it the Bronx Cheer, but that wouldn't be appropriate, so it has been christened Da Bronx Baby.

BoB-Bronx.PNG

C&D DaVinci in a B&B rusticated billiard. This blend used to be a favorite, but today it just seems too over the top, so I stopped at the half bowl, and I'll finish it later tonight after dinner. Flavors of overly roasted (almost burnt) pistachio, salted peanuts and grill scrapings.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Motzek Old Louisiana Mix (TAK) in an undated Family Era Sasieni Walnut Four Dot Derby straight smooth brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
SasieniWalnut_FourDot_Derby_bulldog copy.jpg

Solani Aged Burley in the little "Bronx Baby" pipe I got from BriarPipeNYC. If I pack it about 3/4 full it's just the right amount to accompany me on my 15 minute drive into town, and maybe I finish the last couple minutes sitting in the parking lot. I don't care for small bore pipes that I can't stuff with my pinkie, but this one is almost as wide as it is deep. I thought about calling it the Bronx Cheer, but that wouldn't be appropriate, so it has been christened Da Bronx Baby.

View attachment 862
Have one of those. Good for 30 minutes tops depending on tobac used.

My own blend called Dark Matter in an Alpha Centurion. This is mostly Solani Aged Burley and MacBaren Old Dark Fired with 1/12 Gawith natural brown Cavendish. Good and smokey. Prepping for possible power outages due to approaching ice storm.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm now smoking Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Called a few friends in Texas to see how they are doing, and luckily, all of them have their power back. One of them got it back this morning. We still have our power here, and I hope it stays that way. Just finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

McB HH Old Dark Fired in a georg jenson hand carved semi bent pot. Good stuff. Not an all day smoke or even an every day smoke but great for a change of pace with strong coffee.

My own blend called Wellington in a Yves St. Claude bent brandy. So named because the flavors remind me of a Christmas Beef Wellington (baked dough over beef). Mostly savory MacBaren Dark Twist with some McClelland red and stoved Virginias and some Peretti Black Virginia.

The snow is light and dry and the dog has discovered he likes to run fast and then put on the brakes for a power slide. Does that over and over like a kid at play.

This afternoon/evening: Peterson Irish Oak in an Abe Herbaugh blasted brandy w/a bamboo shank; C&D Sansepolcro in a Cristiano 60 B4; Sutliff Match Edgworth Ready Rubbed in an Arley Curtz rusticated 1/4 bent Pot.

Glad to see some posts, fellas. Company's great.

Close to finishing this bowl of Watch City Eureka! in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style.
J.Everett_Author_2 copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad and chili dinner with strawberries and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm just passing the half way mark on this bowl of Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just finished cleaning today's pipes.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

C&D Exclusive. Was planning on opening a new tobacco this morning but when I went to make my choice I realized I had missed placed a while box of tobacco during our move! Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, THE SEARCH IS ON
20210219_050548.jpg

Part way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli Hand Made flat bottom sitter with a square shank and black vulcanite saddle stem. This is my other EGR-dedicated pipe, though it's been quite a while since I smoked it. Generally, I put it into action when I want to spend a little more time with this blend, or to give the Basil Meadows squashed tomato a rest.