What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilke No. 400 in a Design Berlin Siegfried. One of my favorites. Bundled up for 29 degrees but the cool air feels good on my face after 20 ounces of dark coffee got my body temp up.

For those who might be interested Wilke is having a 20% sale on their tobacco for the next three days.

BoB-wilke400.PNG

Ya know, as much as I enjoy other tobaccos, like a good english, balkan, smooth and sweet aros, or heavy burley, it's hard to beat a relaxing bowl of CH in a cob with strong coffee. Doing that now. Groovy,

Thanks for the t
Wilke No. 400 in a Design Berlin Siegfried. One of my favorites. Bundled up for 29 degrees but the cool air feels good on my face after 20 ounces of dark coffee got my body temp up.

For those who might be interested Wilke is having a 20% sale on their tobacco for the next three days.

View attachment 874
Thanks for the tip. Might order some 400, and High Hat. Any other suggestions?

DWarren_2017.jpg
I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of 1950s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a medium bend dark brown 2017 Don Warren 17 smooth straight grain rough top Dublin with a multi-brown cumberland stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Got a bunch of wonderful hate mail today, including 1960s ERR, a tin of 60s or 70s Balkan Sobranie, and more. Man, it's amazing to have such a wonderful, generous friend. I am awed by this man!

Thanks for the t

English blends: Safari, Crystal Palace and Jackson. Especially Crystal Palace.
American English: Gentry Royal Blend No. 2.
Mild to medium Oriental: No. 111, No. 44, No. 222.
Aromatics: No.515 (Basil Rathbone's blend), Rumcake, Rum and Maple.
Semi-aromatic VaPer: Lizzie Blood Virginia.

Last edited:
Wilke 515 in a B&B 9mm. The slight addition of coumarin (or tonka bean) not as evident in this pipe as it has been in others, so I was able to better enjoy the underlying tobacco flavor. Still, not one that I will re-order.

Thanks for the t

Good to have JimInks weigh in here, and I think kxg also knows many of the Wilke blends if he cares to add any suggestions. My top three for re-order are Surbrug's Crystal Palace, No. 400, and High Hat (for making "Benediction"). A notch below those would be Commander, and No. 111 (if you like more Turkish). Basil Rathbone's 515 blend is too weird for me, so if you are curious I'd go with only 2 ounces until you know if you like it. As per Jim's suggestions I'm adding Jackson and Gentry Royal to my order - haven't tried those yet. :)

Now smoking Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.

Good to have JimInks weigh in here, and I think kxg also knows many of the Wilke blends if he cares to add any suggestions. My top three for re-order are Surbrug's Crystal Palace, No. 400, and High Hat (for making "Benediction"). A notch below those would be Commander, and No. 111 (if you like more Turkish). Basil Rathbone's 515 blend is too weird for me, so if you are curious I'd go with only 2 ounces until you know if you like it. As per Jim's suggestions I'm adding Jackson and Gentry Royal to my order - haven't tried those yet. :)
Tell John I recommended those blends if you've a mind to. He likes knowing that. John's a great guy and blender.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and zucchini dinner with strawberries and pineapple for dessert. I'm not far from being half way through this bowl of Sept. 2015 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of The Untouchables.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I've had three bowls so far, just haven't had a chance to log on and see what's going on.

Early morning was Wilke Royal Scot in a Stanwell Trio, Late morning was Gawith Hoggart Rum Flake in a Stanwell brushed brown 9mm. Early afternoon was Wilke 193 in a Falcon with briar bowl (pictured). I hope to get another one or two bowls in today.
BoB-FalconSnow.PNG

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of 1970s Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time for another set of walking reps.

Glad to see more posts today!
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian copy.jpg