What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Athens-Greece.

uBawhsW.jpg

4szRD52.jpg

Mac Baren Golden Ambrosia.

Trying out CS Old Toby (an aromatic) in my BJarne rusticated nosewarner pot. Pleasant room note and kind of sweet to the taste. So far not smoking wet like some aromatics. Doesn't seem to be smoking hot like some aromatics I've tried.

Just enough Choctaw left for half a bowl in a Butz Choquin bent billiard. Coffee with while watching a ladderback woodpecker chipping away on a stump.

CS Parsons Blend in an Aldo Velani Calibria poker. French vanilla coffee on the side. Not bad but rather bland. Won't be buying more when I can get Rivendell, Cowboy Coffee, and Choctaw. Nice and warm on the patio this morning.

CS Old Toby in my custom finished "Crackle Cob." They've made Old Toby into a toothless old geezer. Hard to believe there is Perique in this unless that is that faint dark fruit taste I get every now and then. Rather moist but once lit it was okay. Not really my cup of tea but I'll finish my supply, though I won't be reordering when I much prefer Rivendell, Figgy, and Cowboy. Next order I'll try some Choctaw,

BoB-Crackle2.PNG

Gawith Hoggart Scotch mixture in a paneled Design Berlin. Kind of reminds me of the old dried wood smell in an antique shop.

Last of the Dunhill Durbar gifted by Brunello in my Aldo Velani POTY 1/4 bent dublin. Wish this was still available. Honey bourbon on the side. And a shout out to Mikem who gifted me a really nice cob, a beautiful tamper, and unbelievably a tin of McClellands. Very generous and totally unexpected. Thanks Mike.

CS Old Toby in my custom finished "Crackle Cob." They've made Old Toby into a toothless old geezer. Hard to believe there is Perique in this unless that is that faint dark fruit taste I get every now and then. Rather moist but once lit it was okay. Not really my cup of tea but I'll finish my supply, though I won't be reordering when I much prefer Rivendell, Figgy, and Cowboy. Next order I'll try some Choctaw,

View attachment 1045
Think you will like it. Like cherokee on steroids. Much bolder taste but still smokes cool and tasty.

Old standby CH in a MM general with dark roast coffee. Up early cause I go to the VA to volunteer in an hour. Beautiful am here, 48 degrees and no wind. Lots of birds fluttering around.

CS Old Toby in MM Mark Twain. Lavazza Gran Selezione with foamed milk on the side. I think good old Toby works best as a mild morning smoke. Several years ago I used to enjoy Holger Dansk Black & Bourbon with my morning coffee; this sort fits the same niche (though now I prefer CS Cowboy Coffee). Going to try adding a pinch of Perique to Toby for my afternoon smoke - see if that lends any more intetest.
On the question of goop: I loaded the bowl several hours before and the top layer burned fine. When it wound down and I thought the bowl was done I discovered a wad of wet goop on the bottom - too wet to even burn evidently.

Old toby tweak in MM Diplomat. This is 90% Old Toby and 5% each perique and some dried burley ribbon to hopefully soak up some moisture. Toby's starting to get some big boy teeth. Next go I'll try 80% Toby with these same ingredients.

Evening everyone. Haven't smoked much lately as life has interfered greatly with my pipe-smoking time. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm enjoying some well-aged Irish Flake in a large IMP meer. A Bell's Two Hearted IPA singing backup. Nice early spring evening on the deck with my Golden Retriever providing the entertainment.

Happy smoking.

ETA: 11 years of aging does not diminish the nicotine content in this blend, just sayin'.

Last edited:
Breaking in the cob gifted by Mikem with some CH. This pipe is almost too nice to smoke but doing it anyway, lol. Some port wine to accompany..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-30-18-10-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-30-18-10-55.png
    751.1 KB · Views: 72
Wilke Commander in Hilson Rainer Barbi. One of my more comfortable pipes, fits just right into my hand, good balance for clenching too.
Been hanging decoy wasp nests, will see if the internet hype is true about them cutting back on wasps. Country living at its finest!

BoB-HilsonHand.PNG

With the start of the 3rd Lockdown in November, they told us that the Cafes will open in a month, then they told will go for January, then due to cases of the virus etc, they told us in February. Then they changed it again and said March while now they say they will finally open it in April. They they are making fun of us but Okay you @ #%^ ers we will wait as long as it takes even until sun rises from the West, you can not have us locked inside for life.
When the Cafes open, guess who will be the first customer, who will drink a double Greek coffee and smoke 2 bowls of pipe and play his Kompoloi with rage?

O8kw8Ph.gif

I am smoking Charatan No. 63 in a Stanwell, espresso plus cool water beside me.