What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Channeling my inner Zeb McCahan again this morning. Urban Cowboy in a MM cob. Made a new batch last evening, basically SWR w/ black cav added but spiced up a bit with the addition of some extra McB old dark fired. My version of cowboy coffee with. No campfire for breakfast however. Going tomorrow to look at another horse so getting into my cowboy mode.

I’ve been smoking more of late - about every other day. I realized I smoked once in the last year. I also realize I’m sitting on a good amount of McClelland. Hmmm.

I have some VA flake in an unmarked mason jar. I’ve been smoking that down using: a Rinaldi Liverpool, a Rev Bent Acorn, a Teipen bent billiard, a Teipen Lovat, and a PoY BoB Brigham Bent Billiard.

My weekly drive into town: My own blend "Serenity" in a paneled Design Berlin. This blend is quickly becoming one of my favorite afternoon smokes. Closest approximation I can relate would be Ashton Gold Rush with 25% toasted Smyrna and a pinch of Perique. Anyhoo, me likes.

BoB-DBtruck.PNG

Wilke 400 in an English Ben Wade. Probably won't get any smokes in tomorrow until evening. Will be a busy day planting 400 square foot area with shrubs.

Good morning. Some years ago I apparently (and unintentionally) hid a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced with a date stamp of 2010 in a corner of my tobacco cabinet and found it this morning. So I paired it with a sandblasted Pete standard system 302 and freshly ground black coffee and my Golden Retriever and I are enjoying some outside time.

Call me a copycat: Rattrays Red Rapparee in a Design Berlin. I don't remember now how old the tin was but it's been in a jar for two years and I check it out every now and then. The red Virginia is really prominent now (40%) I understand. Latakia is quite muted. Overall pretty mellow for winding down my day.

Call me a copycat: Rattrays Red Rapparee in a Design Berlin. I don't remember now how old the tin was but it's been in a jar for two years and I check it out every now and then. The red Virginia is really prominent now (40%) I understand. Latakia is quite muted. Overall pretty mellow for winding down my day.
Okay. you're a copycat, lol. I found the same with mine. Lat had become quite muted from what I remember of this in the past.

Rattray's Marlin Flake in a Hilson Rainer Barbi. Good solid medium brown flake but a bit fussy getting a steady burn even in this pipe (which on one occasion stayed lit for nearly four minutes without any puffing!). Moon is super bright tonight, can't see the color of anything but everything is in bright relief like a black & white film.
BoB-Hilson.PNG

Smoking circa 2005 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug in an Estella 511 KS. Normally only break out this plug once a year on my bday (end of March), but a good friend surprised me over the weekend with a late bday gift. I had mentioned to him awhile back how difficult it was to cut these plugs, and he talked to his dad (an artisan knife maker) into making me a knife suitable to cutting plug tobacco. I was gifted this wonderful piece Friday night and wanted to test it on Dark Plug, one of the densest plugs out there! Was a fitting test for the new knife, and it passed with flying colors!
70A96C3B-235D-4BC6-8D55-96829063DDB7.jpeg

2F0ACDDF-5268-4C2C-8447-78D9E5CDEAC2.jpeg

A nice bowl of my own Urban Cowboy blend in a Nording Extra hand made bent dublin with my first cup of coffee. Trying to decide on my next bowl. Maybe CS Second Breakfast?