What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A rainy Saturday morning here, but still managing to get in a deck pipe. It’s 2004 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a GBD Conquest Pedigree. Pacific Rim coffee hot from the French press and some good tunes on the Bluetooth speaker. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
D5BADE05-73A9-4AE4-A739-353DE3291048.jpeg

Curtis Draper "Sir Francis Drake" in a Yves St. Claude bent brandy. Was looking at some of the forlorn and neglected jars at the bottom of my cabinet and pulled this one out: a full aromatic that smells of sweet nuts and touch of cinnamon - sort of like a Baklava. Years ago we went to D.C. to see the big Fourth of July show and I went into the Curtis Draper tobacco shop. They were big on Peterson system pipes so I bought my first Pete there and a couple of house blends. As for the fireworks show the only thing I remember was a guy down the street who had a van with four 18" subwoofers blasting out the 1812 overture. All that taxpayer money spent on the show and I remember a van with big booming subwoofers!

BoBBorkum.PNG

Out on the deck with the space heater this morning smoking Gawith Hoggarth Happy Brown Bogie in a cob with a lucite stem. This is a delicious smoke, but quite fickle! I am experimenting with the preparation and drying time to find what works for me. Anyways, Colombian peaberry coffee from the French press and some good tunes for good measure. Hope everyone enjoys what’s left of the weekend.
1A08858A-EF60-47F5-95D5-CBFA170D789F.jpeg

Cool, cloudy, blustery...it seemed like a Danish morning for some reason. Two of the earliest pipes I own, and seldom smoked any more because I've gravitated to larger pipes. The straight one with the triangular shank is stamped "Navigator", and the curved pipe "Tabago", and both made in Denmark. I don't know anything about either maker. A bit of Captain Black seemed appropriate...

GnPw8xql.jpg

Gawith Hoggarth Rum Flake in a Briar Works prince shape. Hot tea in the mug and some Santana on the Bluetooth speaker. Wishing a good evening to all!
35E6BC6A-0AEB-4C43-B51E-9AD7124FDB4B.jpeg