What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continued exploration of Windjammer in different pipes, presently halfway through a bowl in a Charatan meer, with budget bourbon on the side (Evan Williams). I'm not a Va-Per guy but this was advertised as having nutty black walnut Burley so I gave it a shot. I have to agree with DrT999 that the Burley is very faint to non-existent by bowl's end, contributing only a muted earthy quality, so I can't imagine this appealing to Va-Per fans looking for clarity along the lines of Escudo. Other Pease blends I like a lot better. Going to load up a bowl of Wilke 400 to end the night on a good note!

View attachment 1346
Bru, if you like Evan Williams, try their Honey bourbon. A little sweet but good stuff.

Byzantium in an Aldo Velani. Crown Royal on the side. Think I prefer the port wine with this blend. Seems to pull out the Lat flavor a bit more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-30-19-44-16.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-30-19-44-16.png
    633.5 KB · Views: 77
Good morning,Smoking some 7 seas regular blend in a Stanwell/bijou pipe,then off to the knights of Columbus for a Memorial day service.We are blessed.

Finally a nice sunny morning after a weekend of rain and cold temps. On the deck enjoying some MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired in a Bertram 120. French roast coffee fresh from the press, and some Allman Brothers on the Bluetooth speaker. Planning to relax today before heading back to work tomorrow…
6D24C61B-43DA-4CF5-8CE5-13AC103DFF73.jpeg

Finally a nice sunny morning after a weekend of rain and cold temps. On the deck enjoying some MacBaren HH Old Dark Fired in a Bertram 120. French roast coffee fresh from the press, and some Allman Brothers on the Bluetooth speaker. Planning to relax today before heading back to work tomorrow…
View attachment 1348

Some tasty Sutliff Creme Brulee in a Don Carlos one note full bent apple with dark roast coffee. Peaceful morning. Off to the national cemetery here in Prescott for a memorial service in a short while. Then down to the VFW to share the afternoon with my Nam Vet brothers. I would ask that we all think about what this weekend is truly about and remember those who gave all for our freedom.

Clear blue skies and 72 degrees... couldn't ask for a nicer day. No grilling today as my son is fishing down in Topping Virginia. Wife is away dealing with her Mom's elder care issues, so it's just me and the pooch holding down the fort. Throwing the ball and puffing on some Orion's Arrow in a Comoy 215.

McB 7 seas regular in the Molina rhodesian acquired from Brunello. Gin and tonic on the side. Wxman missed today. Said high of 84, but it was a toasty 91 on our veranda earlier. Rather pleasant 87 right now.

Starting the early morning work week with Watch City Simply VOriental in a Savinelli Estella 315 EX.
31EC9FC9-3CD0-484D-A45F-A0608BB65675.jpeg

Relaxing on the deck smoking Gawith Hoggarth Rum Flake in a Savinelli Estella. Decaf coffee to pair, and music on the Bluetooth speaker.
ABD7D2DF-D740-49C1-9EC3-E38FDE56623B.jpeg

Finally able to try some Beck's Limey Bastard that was recommended by several members here in the thread "In Search of the Perfect English." Just finished a direct A-B comparison of it in a meerschaum and a filtered briar. The meer brought out mostly high tones and some bitter herbal taste like Bay Leaf while the filtered briar brought out nutty undertones (hazelnut, black walnut and toasted pine nuts), both presented as a medium-light Latakia blend. On this first outing I preferred the filtered briar experience with its distinctive nutty character.

Trying Ranger's port and Byzantium pairing. I wasn't able to get Ranger's recommended porto but I picked up some Sandeman Founder's Reserve Ruby Porto on sale. First I tried Byzantium by itself in the Design Berlin. Comparing Beck's Limey Bastard and Byzantium is like the difference between bantomweight and heavyweight. Byzantium is the full-blown after-dinner experience!! Next, the ruby port has such a thick texture and long lingering aftertaste that it is possible to get two or three leisurely puffs while the taste of the port is still on the palate. I'd say they bring out nuances in each other that otherwise go unnoticed. I definitely like this idea, and it sure beats port and stilton! I can imagine with the right maduro cigar this would also be an experience to savor. :)

Good morning, The morning starts with some lane 1Q in a Savinelli sherwood rock briar oom paul,This pipe smokes well enough ,but it is very small for an oom paul in my opinion. the model is the 620-probably going on the E-BAY bundle soon.Anyway,have a great day!

Here I was calling Byzantium an after-dinner experience and you up and have it for breakfast! Makes the rest of us look like wimps!;)
I could do Byzantium for breakfast but prefer burley with coffee. They seem to complement each other so well. If I did do Lat for 1st bowl it would be CS Shepherds Pie.