What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilke Crystal Palace in a Nording Extra freehand. Iced coffee on the side. Confusing blend. Taste changes quite a bit based on pipe. Maybe try a cob next. Those familiar with this blend, what do you smoke it in?

Sid, I apologize if this has been asked and answered previously, but would you might sharing with me the significance of the beads in your photos? Thanks...
Hello my friend, this is Kompoloi a Greek traditional item.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worry_beadsIt's a personal item, an accessoire which shows some things for you style and character. It heps you think better, calmly and not under pressure.Mine Kompoloi are custom made by me matching the number of the beads, the length, the colour of the beads and the tassel.

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, i do not write lately often on the forum and this is not accidental. The weather here is unstable and spoils my mood, i had to fix some things in my car but the main thing is that my blood pressure is getting high. I need to make some changes in my life (coffee-smoking reduction) and revisit the cardiologist possibly for a Holter. In the meantime i found the opportunity to go and see my old friend on pipe smoking days on Resistance era, the Guardian. Although there is no longer any danger of take a ticket from the Police, he is still faithful to his duty, he stays by my side and constantly monitors the area for possible threats.

EQ3RpSF.jpg

mYcsYmK.jpg

See you soon.

It was a long week of 10 hour work days, but now the dividends are collected with the start of the 3 day weekend! Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli Estella. Coffee from the French press to pair. Heading out to the creek in a bit for some tubing. Packing a couple beers and a mini Rocky Patel 1992 to enjoy while floating down the lazy river!
5E9B5B4B-AF50-44D4-8264-0D3A606E7820.jpeg

Wilke Crystal Palace in a Nording Extra freehand. Iced coffee on the side. Confusing blend. Taste changes quite a bit based on pipe. Maybe try a cob next. Those familiar with this blend, what do you smoke it in?
I hadn't thought about that in a while, but I too had significant variation depending on the pipe. Whenever I have time and the computer is on I make an entry into my smoking log about the date, what I smoked, and an overall point score for the session. Looking at my log I see that Crystal Palace ranged from 85 to 94 points depending on the pipe, and repeat sessions in the same pipe yielded identical point scores! Haven't tried it in a cob, but meer and clay gave the lowest score of 85 points (lacking foundation), one briar consistently gave 87 points, another with 9mm filter gave 90 points, and my Design Berlin Siegfried has consistently given the highest score of 94 points. This is why I now have dedicated pipe and baccy pairings - once I find an exceptional synergy I stick with it! I hope you find an optimal synergy soon!

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, i do not write lately often on the forum and this is not accidental. The weather here is unstable and spoils my mood, i had to fix some things in my car but the main thing is that my blood pressure is getting high. I need to make some changes in my life (coffee-smoking reduction) and revisit the cardiologist possibly for a Holter. In the meantime i found the opportunity to go and see my old friend on pipe smoking days on Resistance era, the Guardian. Although there is no longer any danger of take a ticket from the Police, he is still faithful to his duty, he stays by my side and constantly monitors the area for possible threats.

EQ3RpSF.jpg

mYcsYmK.jpg

See you soon.
Good luck with your transition to decaf and low-nicotine tobaccos! Looks like you've got a good friend there to manage the stress.

EQ3RpSF.jpg

mYcsYmK.jpg

See you soon.
Nothing better than an attack cat for protection, lol.

I hadn't thought about that in a while, but I too had significant variation depending on the pipe. Whenever I have time and the computer is on I make an entry into my smoking log about the date, what I smoked, and an overall point score for the session. Looking at my log I see that Crystal Palace ranged from 85 to 94 points depending on the pipe, and repeat sessions in the same pipe yielded identical point scores! Haven't tried it in a cob, but meer and clay gave the lowest score of 85 points (lacking foundation), one briar consistently gave 87 points, another with 9mm filter gave 90 points, and my Design Berlin Siegfried has consistently given the highest score of 94 points. This is why I now have dedicated pipe and baccy pairings - once I find an exceptional synergy I stick with it! I hope you find an optimal synergy soon!
Maybe I will have to start keeping notes, lol. I noticed in my large Baglin meer the lat flavor seemed muted. As I remember i got the most flavor and smoothness in a Pete system bent.

Hobbits Weed in a Butz magnum full bent with dark roast morning coffee. Agree with Sid, having a furry partner to share the time definitely lowers the stress level. Just looking at our two calms me down and when Molly, our registered therapy dog, curls up in my lap it makes all the cares of the world seem trivial.

Attachments

• 0123151527.jpg
    0123151527.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 0413161536.jpg
    0413161536.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 63
Earlier today: my own blend "Sun God" in a Mark twain cob. It's a style I like but I've never tasted any other commercial blend that combines golden Virginia, Basma, Samsun, and a pinch of Golden Cavendish for a sweet finish. I have several blends that are variations on this idea.

Right now: Watch City Off the Rails in a Savinelli 677. For my tastes this is one of the more enjoyable blends I've tried from watch City, and wouldn't you know it - it's no longer available! I received this in a trade with kxg sometime back. Haven't seen him on this forum in some time. Haven't seen many others either this weekend - I wonder if pipe smoking has gone out of favor here, lots of other unrelated activity, which should be like icing on the cake, but where's all the excitement for posting new tobaccos and pipes and what you're smoking? Maybe it's just the bourbon talking, but I feel like I'm just talking to myself here...

BoB-Sav677.PNG

Earlier today: my own blend "Sun God" in a Mark twain cob. It's a style I like but I've never tasted any other commercial blend that combines golden Virginia, Basma, Samsun, and a pinch of Golden Cavendish for a sweet finish. I have several blends that are variations on this idea.

Right now: Watch City Off the Rails in a Savinelli 677. For my tastes this is one of the more enjoyable blends I've tried from watch City, and wouldn't you know it - it's no longer available! I received this in a trade with kxg sometime back. Haven't seen him on this forum in some time. Haven't seen many others either this weekend - I wonder if pipe smoking has gone out of favor here, lots of other unrelated activity, which should be like icing on the cake, but where's all the excitement for posting new tobaccos and pipes and what you're smoking? Maybe it's just the bourbon talking, but I feel like I'm just talking to myself here...

View attachment 1441
Agree, was going to post this morning but didn't want to post 3 times in a row without other input. Had some Voodoo Queen in a cob last night. Bad choice. Seemed to bring out the perique and the burley but no lat flavor at all. Gotta work with this fickle bitch a little. Right now Benediction in my Randy Wiley freehand with honey bourbon. Much more to my liking. Good night all.

Peaceful morning walk on Wildcat Mountain. C&D Oriental Silk in a paneled Design Berlin. Bright and focused blend cleared out all the fuzzy cobwebs from last night! Rucci, our cream coat shepherd, in a mellow mood - no foxes or wild turkeys to chase!

BoB-Rucci.PNG

Hobbits Weed in s big Don Carlos 1 note with dark roast coffee. Very peaceful with lots of birdies flitting around. Just too dang hot. 90 already on the patio and barely 9 am.

What I'm not smoking: Mayan Stone Pipe. My son and girlfriend picked this up for me for Father's Day from an "artisan craftsman" as they were exploring the Mayan ruins in Mexico. Let's just say it's not a clencher - unless you want to crack your teeth! Since they are both total non-smokers the whole idea of somebody smoking a pipe mystifies them. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?!

BoB-MayanStonePipe.PNG

What I'm not smoking: Mayan Stone Pipe. My son and girlfriend picked this up for me for Father's Day from an "artisan craftsman" as they were exploring the Mayan ruins in Mexico. Let's just say it's not a clencher - unless you want to crack your teeth! Since they are both total non-smokers the whole idea of somebody smoking a pipe mystifies them. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?!

View attachment 1444
Sell it to a crackhead, lol.