What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning, had a bowl of Figgy Pudding in a 2019 Christmas Pete
20210714_073437.jpg

Urban Cowboy in a Butz Choquin giant bent billiard with morning coffee. This combo is good for at least an hour and a half or more. Really muggy this am. Rained overnight and humidity is up to 80%+, unheard of in Az. Feels like I'm back in Fl.

So far today, I’ve finished a couple of partially smoked bowls from last night, followed by some 2010 GH Louisiana Flake. I’m currently about 1/3 of the way through some 2004 Scottish Cake in a nosewarmer cob.

I’m maybe 1/4 through that SC tin, which I recently acquired from a fellow BoB member. It’s been my first experience with this particular blend. And I’m still a little stumped by it. The first half of every bowl is wonderful. But it fades late into just blah.

I suspect it’s at least partially because I start smoking it too fast, because I find it so tasty. So I’m trying to better pace myself, but it still seems to Peter out a little bit.

On a walk here in Santa Barbara, Ca in late eve smoking some Cabbies Mix by SG in a Bari Viking. Almost home where I’m going to have some Rattray’s Sterling Flake. :) in a Sav 123 Bruna. Earlier had some Penzance, Haddo’s delight and Old Gowrie which is a regular for me lately. Various pipes, Stanwell. Kaywoodie, Bjarne..

Good morning ,
Smoking 1 of my lost&found pipes today,This one is a Peterson Kinsdale xl 11, This is an oddly shaped pipe that I had bought around 1990.It smokes great,but I get a lot of Sherlock Holmes comments out in public.LOL!
Anyway,I am enjoying some Lane BCA in it,like finding an old friend !

Enjoying a wonderful bowl of 12-yr-old Perretti's Cambridge Flake (McC's-made!!) in a 1999 Ashton LX Old Church saddle quaint billiard!! Strong Hawaii'n coffee on the side!!! FTRPLT

Today, I’m starting with a bowl of decade-plus-old Kendal Flake in a cob poker. This is maybe the coolest smoking Virginia I’ve had yet.

My tobacco shipment just arrived,just fired up a bowl of Sutlff black cordial in an old Dr.PLUMB billiard pipe.This was a tobacco that Ranger suggested and he was right ! I probably should have let it dry awhile,but I like it!

Enjoyed a tasty pancakes lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in a smooth brown medium bend Abbott 788 (Sasieni family era) author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Abbott.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

Now smoking D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Time for another set of walks.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a smooth straight brown early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Driving into work I had some MacBarren Virginia Flake in a square shank apple made for the Tobacconist pipe shop. Just finished some Scottish Flake by McConnell in a 4 digit diamond shaped panel that went very well together due to a way better than average packing I suspect.

Enjoyed a tasty pancakes lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in a smooth brown medium bend Abbott 788 (Sasieni family era) author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 1535
That is a wonderful looking pipe. Need to add that shape to my collection at some point.

Starting my Friday with a hefty bowl of creme brulee in a slightly bent Molina pipe.