What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tobacco shipment just arrived,just fired up a bowl of Sutlff black cordial in an old Dr.PLUMB billiard pipe.This was a tobacco that Ranger suggested and he was right ! I probably should have let it dry awhile,but I like it!
Glad you like it. Kinda sweet but always smokes slow and smooth regardless of pipe used. Sort of like having a brownie for breakfast, lol.

Sir Walter and a Pete Shamrock 999...

hy2GgcVl.jpg
Been smoking my own Urban Cowboy blend so much I haven't had a bowl of straight SWR in a month. Will have to do that tomorrow with coffee.

Urban Cowboy. Imagine that, lol, in a giant Don Carlos 2 note bent dublin. An hour in and just barely past half a bowl. Got a bunch of stuff in the cellar, need to branch out and start exploring other blends.

Wow, miss one day and it's taken me 15 minutes to catch up on everyone. Enjoying the morning smoke with strong coffee but fighting a pesky fly who apparently likes the room note of my urban cowboy. Little bastard doesn't realize he is flirting with death, lol.

Wonderful bowl of 2009 Margate in a big ol' Comoy Extraordinaire 125 blasted pot!! My own roasted dark coffee to accompany!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Broke into my stash to try something new. Edgeworth ready rubbed match in an Aldo Velani poker. Reviews say this was a revered and well liked codger blend. To me it's okay but doesn't stack up to CH or SWR. Not as tasty and smokes a bit hot. Maybe the original was better?

Sadly, lower back pain ended my day early,smoking Lane LL-7 in an old custombilt short bent pipe.

That is a wonderful looking pipe. Need to add that shape to my collection at some point.
It's a great smoker. The fella who recently gifted me over a hundred pipes, most made from the 1890s to 1960s, gave me that one and this pre-1950 Briarcraft Wimbledon 810. I haven't smoked it yet, but I as soon as I figured what to smoke in it.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Wilke Wall Street in a smooth dark brown medium bend undated Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Peterson_Kildare 80S bulldog.jpg

Broke into my stash to try something new. Edgeworth ready rubbed match in an Aldo Velani poker. Reviews say this was a revered and well liked codger blend. To me it's okay but doesn't stack up to CH or SWR. Not as tasty and smokes a bit hot. Maybe the original was better?
The original was a little better (had a deeper molasses and touch more cocoa), but I like the Match quite a bit. You have smoke it a tad slow, though. The molasses is what I like about it, plus the fact it's lightly nuttier than the original.

Not long ago, a group of us did a blind taste test with the original, the match and Lane's current version. It was difficult to tell which was which. I was the only one who got them right.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, blue catfish and green beans dinner with a slice of freshly baked red velvet cake for dessert. Had a few strawberries with it, too! I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rays game.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Just finished two bowls of 2008 Peterson's "Old Dublin" (new tobacco for me!!) in Ferndown 3* Bark oval-shanked Canadian followed by a Tinsky Coral 6 blasted bulldog!! A local Rye Pale Ale made for a pleasant evening!!! FTRPLT

Just finished a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in a Maestro de Paya 1/4 bent apple with port wine. Now watching the lightening light up the sky as a monsoon thunderstorm is brewing.

CH in a giant Lorenzo bent billiard with costa rican blend coffee. The rain last night has brought out the flys and gnats in abundance. Fortunately I ordered a bug zapper a few days ago and it came yesterday. Put it out this am and it is working overtime, zapping the little suckers like a popcorn machine at the movies.

The original was a little better (had a deeper molasses and touch more cocoa), but I like the Match quite a bit. You have smoke it a tad slow, though. The molasses is what I like about it, plus the fact it's lightly nuttier than the original.

Not long ago, a group of us did a blind taste test with the original, the match and Lane's current version. It was difficult to tell which was which. I was the only one who got them right.
Strange, I didn't get any molasses taste at all. More of a grassy virginia. Got this from Brunello so not sure which blend it was. But rather disappointing. Based on reviews I expected more. Maybe expected too much..

Smoking some Lane 1Q in a Bari senior bent tomato pipe,just returned from the attic,found 6 like new in the boxes Butz choquin pipes...LOL! Sadly my aching back did not enjoy this journey.