What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time for a set of walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Probably not. I have 2 Butz pipes. One, a giant full bent billiard/apple smokes great. The other, a 1/4 bent billiard with massively thick walls smokes a bit hot which should not be the case. Others on here have remarked on the tendency of Butz pipes to smoke hot as well.
It occurs to me that more often than not, French pipes tend to burn hotter than pipes from other countries by percentage.

Now smoking Motzek (TAK) 16/5 Der Neue in a straight black sandblast late 1990s 2 star Ferndown Bark prince with a tapered cumberland stem. Watching the first game of a double header between the Braves and Padres. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ferndown_Prince.jpg

I was just outside mowing the lawn,clenching my Custombilt author pipe filled with Lane 1Q and sadly I bit down too hard and cracked my pipe,I felt a small chip in my mouth and sure enough there`s a small piece that broke off from the tip of the mouthpiece,not happy,but the pipe is probably 50 years old... I guess I gotta start searching the internet for a fix as I will never find a custombilt mouthpiece.I guess you live and learn!

I was just outside mowing the lawn,clenching my Custombilt author pipe filled with Lane 1Q and sadly I bit down too hard and cracked my pipe,I felt a small chip in my mouth and sure enough there`s a small piece that broke off from the tip of the mouthpiece,not happy,but the pipe is probably 50 years old... I guess I gotta start searching the internet for a fix as I will never find a custombilt mouthpiece.I guess you live and learn!
Send your pipe to Mike Myers. Have him style an acrylic bit for your pipe! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am part way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Butz-Choquin1501_Bistro_Pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries and cherries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a smooth straight brown early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. The Braves-Padres game is in a rain delay, so m'lady and I are watching Fleischer Popeye cartoons.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Had a mid day bowl of C&D Bayou Morning in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with earl gray tea. Now after dinner it's Wilke 400 in a Pete system bent pot. Warres port wine on the side.

Just finished work and this bowl of Peretti Cuban Mixture in a smooth, brown straight pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem.
Barling_EXEXEL_pot.jpg

Now smoking D&R Penhooker in a smooth brown late 1890s, early 1900s unbranded military mount bulldog with a nickel windcap and spigot with a black vulcanite, flared stem and orific bit. First time smoking this pipe. The orific bit takes some getting used to, but I'll manage, of course.
1890-1900 unbranded billiard_silver&amberish.jpg

Good morning,
smoking some Sutliff black cordial in a giant Butz Choquin Faitman billiard pipe.This one seems to smoke better than yesterdays BC,but its certainly not a clencher being this big and heavy .LOL!

Now smoking D&R Penhooker in a smooth brown late 1890s, early 1900s unbranded military mount bulldog with a nickel windcap and spigot with a black vulcanite, flared stem and orific bit. First time smoking this pipe. The orific bit takes some getting used to, but I'll manage, of course.
View attachment 1601
Bulldog???