What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon gents. Sitting in our tiny living room, watching the men’s freestyle relay, smoking some of the old version of Peretti’s London Flake in a beater eBay pipe.

Sat out on the deck and smoked a bowl of 2003 Christmas Cheer and some Pease Fellowship. The Cheer in my Rochleau and the Fellowship in my Burak Original. Both good smokes. Black coffee and ice water on the side.

Smoking some 7 Seas regular blend in a hand made Peterson house pipe,I bought this pipe in the early 90`s,but never really smoked it much because it`s so large. Recently, I have been gravitating towards larger pipes and this one smokes well !

BCC18308-4DA9-4082-B997-1BBDDCD3E14E.jpeg

Well I’m about 1/4 way through my first bowl of 10 year old Triple Play, in one of my workhorse cob pokers. Let me start by stating I’m NOT a fan of new stock Triple Play, which I found a little odd, considering it’s a combination of tobaccos I almost always enjoy. But when it’s fresh, it’s very bland.

I’m just starting to get my feet wet as far as understanding how age affects tobaccos. But I had a feeling that it’d be much better with some age. So I jumped at the opportunity to nab this decade old specimen.

I was right. The tin upon opening packed that strong rotting fruit aroma of fermentation, as does the plug itself. It’s also more deep and flavorful now. Very much more in the ballpark of what I’m accustomed to with the stronger Hoggarth flakes and one of my new favorites, Peterson 3P.

I’ll know more about this blend once I’ve been through a few bowls, but I can already safely say I’ll be stocking up on this for some long-term storage.

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Danish Bari Wiking freehand pipe filled with Lane LL-7, I find this is a good morning combo for me.

Good morning... began the day with the last bit of last night’s bowl of Kendal Cream flake. Since then, I’ve moved on to a second bowl of that 10 year old tin of Triple Play.

Tobacco Reviews states that it was introduced in May of 2011. My bottom label says 050511. So it’s maybe the second run?

Good morning... began the day with the last bit of last night’s bowl of Kendal Cream flake. Since then, I’ve moved on to a second bowl of that 10 year old tin of Triple Play.

Tobacco Reviews states that it was introduced in May of 2011. My bottom label says 050511. So it’s maybe the second run?
Since 050511 would be May 5th 2011 maybe it could be the original batch?

Channeling my inner Zeb McCahan this am with CH in a MM cob. With my version of cowboy coffee. Need to grab some more PA from the Indian smokeshop at Frontier Village.

Since 050511 would be May 5th 2011 maybe it could be the original batch?
That was my first thought, but if it was introduced in May, wouldn’t the actual first run have been labeled earlier than that? I have no idea.

I’m following that bowl with some 2010 3Ps... and I think the Peterson product may be slightly more to my liking. This is gonna require more research. Oh, darn.

Probably going to give a couple days break to give my palate a break. Last night was sutliff Berkshire in a sparkless pipe while fishing/ swatting away the mosquitoes since I forgot the bug repellent

Out on the deck again today. Christmas Cheer 2003 in the Rocheleau and Fellowship in the Burak Original. Hot and muggy, but a saving breeze from time to time.

Out on the deck again today. Christmas Cheer 2003 in the Rocheleau and Fellowship in the Burak Original. Hot and muggy, but a saving breeze from time to time.
It’s very humid here right now. I’m dying! Sitting poolside, watching my fiancé swim, while I have some 2011 GLP Triple Play in a cool old Hilson Stronghold I bought on eBay over a decade ago.
B4DFC1D5-2ED3-4301-99B7-18A08D6F0CEB.jpeg