What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli bent made for and purchased at Main Street Cigar in Bel Air, Maryland. This was the third pipe I purchased when I started smoking in 2009, and as I have since sold the first 2, this is now the pipe I have had in my collection the longest!
D57A7E18-F3F5-4A87-90D0-5457347A1481.jpeg

Good morning,
I am smoking a Savinelli 616, a hefty bent Billiard with a Lane LL-7/BCA Mixture,Along with some freshly perked coffee. the Savinelli pipes seem to smoke better with the filter in them to me.

Smoking some Sutliff Black cordial/ Carter hall mixture in a Custombilt with the last of my coffee...

After I finish my morning burley fix with CH in a giant Lorenzo bent billiard, think I will break out the new Pete Watson. Just need to ponder on what to have in it.

Smoking a Molina bent pipe with some Capt Black royal blend,made a quick K- cup to hold me over until lunch time.
I can`t stop thinking about those Christmas pipes...

Trying EZs blend, Sutliff Black Cordial and CH, in the Pete Watson. Not bad at all but think I prefer BC straight. Going good with my 3rd cup o joe. Watching some yellow finches in the bird bath.

Attachments

• 20210922_084622~3.jpg
    20210922_084622~3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
Smoking a Savinelli 320 author shaped pipe filled with Lane 1Q after a quick lunch,not going to be a very productive day today the Humidity here today making my breathing difficult.
Has anyone ever tried beekeepers gold on their pipes ? An old timer recommended it and I just got it in the mail... it`s a wood preservative containing beeswax and mineral oil. I guess I will try it out on one my yard pipes later...

Wonderful cool (48F!!) start to the morning. Began the day with GLPs Temple Bar in a Boswell rusticated bent volcano. Then launched some DH Dark Flake in a big ol' Ser Jacopo R2 rusticated billiard (DH ODA 6 or so!!). Finished the morning with 11-yr-old Commonwealth in a Chris Askwith blasted bent billiard! All accompanied by thick, dark French roast Hawaii'n coffee!!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1431[1].JPG
    IMG_1431[1].JPG
    957.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1432[1].JPG
    IMG_1432[1].JPG
    958.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1433[1].JPG
    IMG_1433[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli bent made for and purchased at Main Street Cigar in Bel Air, Maryland. This was the third pipe I purchased when I started smoking in 2009, and as I have since sold the first 2, this is now the pipe I have had in my collection the longest!
View attachment 2292
And a good looking pipe it is.

Pre dinner smoke of C&D Haunted Bookshop in a 70s vintage Hilson Avanti straight grain billiard. Ice water and bergs, a la Jiminks, on the side. I should like this. I like burley, I like PA, and I love my CH. But it just isn't working for me. Maybe too much perique? Will try it in a couple of cobs, but won't be buying more.
Cut it with any one of the following: Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut, Half & Half, Carter Hall, PA, Edgeworth Match, etc., etc.... you get the idea.

Btw, my trusty Saint Bernard reports that you did not tip him with any whiskey when he delivered the bergs to your home. He was quite sad about it, but he said he'll return the remainder of your car when he sobers up. :)

Good morning,
Starting my day with an old comoys bent brandy & some Casey Jones with a big mug of coffee

Cut it with any one of the following: Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut, Half & Half, Carter Hall, PA, Edgeworth Match, etc., etc.... you get the idea.

Btw, my trusty Saint Bernard reports that you did not tip him with any whiskey when he delivered the bergs to your home. He was quite sad about it, but he said he'll return the remainder of your car when he sobers up. :)
Thanks, I have CH, PA, and Edgeworth. Will try that. And, Bernard is not being totally truthful. I gave him half of a small cask of brandy which he was still lapping up when he left.

Smoking a Savinelli 320 author shaped pipe filled with Lane 1Q after a quick lunch,not going to be a very productive day today the Humidity here today making my breathing difficult.
Has anyone ever tried beekeepers gold on their pipes ? An old timer recommended it and I just got it in the mail... it`s a wood preservative containing beeswax and mineral oil. I guess I will try it out on one my yard pipes later...
Seems to me like beeswax would plug up the pores of a briar but maybe not after it warms up????