What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a bowl of Sutliff - Eastfarthing out of a Grabow Riviera on the front porch swing on this cool October evening.

Today is my first day of trying Eastfarthing. So far I'm really impressed. Chill smoke that isn't overbearing and plenty of complex flavoring. I think it might be a keeper!

Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2015 Dan Tobacco Tordenskjold Slices in a straight smooth dark brown year 1926 Parker Super Bruyere patent 3 63/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Often, I find it amazing I have pipes this old and older. I often think about the chain of ownership of old pipes, and realize I'm just a link in the line that some day will be added to by another.
1926_Parker_63:F lovat.jpg

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Waiting for the mailman to deliver a tin of the soon-to-be released C&D Caroina Red Flake with Perique. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Dunhill pot.jpg

Smoking my new Pete professor with M/b Seven seas regular blend and a decaf coffee. The Finnish on this Christmas pipe is almost black,where my Milverton is a medium to dark brown color.They are both sandblasted too. seems odd to me.

Enjoyed a very tasty Italian lunch, and am not far from smoking C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2021 in a 2003 brown medium bend Nording 4 rough top dublin sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left, fluted paneling on the left, and a black vulcanite stem.
 Nording4_roughtop-dublin_left.jpg

Relaxing on the deck enjoying a freshly popped jar of 2010 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a GBD Conquest Pedigree. A little less spice than other DFU vintages I’ve had, but that creamy cigar like note from the Indian dark air cured is extra prominent this time around and I am loving it! That’s the beauty of aging….every jar and every vintage had subtle differences to keep things interesting. Anyhow, Whistlepig Rye on the side and some good tunes on the Bluetooth makes this a fine evening indeed!
42E26533-67A8-4370-83CA-81A5E2766BF1.jpeg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon and black beans dinner. M'lady made a chocolate meringue pie, which is cooling. This dessert is worth the wait. Smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg