What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken and green beans dinner with a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Straw Navy in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Fed Stripesy and his brother Shy Stripesy. Finishing off this and the other KBV review as we watch The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a newly acquired Bari Wiking freehand pipe, I am very happy with this pipe,It cleaned up quickly and easily. This is the biggest Bari pipe I have ever seen,the bowl is 3.25 tall,The tobacco chamber is an an inch and a half wide.Anyway, I filled it half full with a combo of CH and 7 seas regular blend and it`s been smoking great for the last 45 minutes.Freshly perked coffee in my large mug,too

I'm relaxing with some L. J. Peretti Midnight in an MM Rob Roy after finishing morning chores. We're ending our run of frost free nights in a couple of days, time to bring the turkeys and chickens into the birdhouse for the winter and use artificial light to ramp up winter egg laying.

School’s closed today so I’m planning to enjoy the day off. Weather’s nice here in Delaware. Smoking C&D Haunted Bookshop (first time trying it) in my new Neerup pipe (first time smoking it) and drinking a large (I guess I should say ‘venti’) black dark roast,

Attachments

• 31200422-0A7C-4A33-AEE4-4E10FCB8DC4D.jpeg
    31200422-0A7C-4A33-AEE4-4E10FCB8DC4D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
School’s closed today so I’m planning to enjoy the day off. Weather’s nice here in Delaware. Smoking C&D Haunted Bookshop (first time trying it) in my new Neerup pipe (first time smoking it) and drinking a large (I guess I should say ‘venti’) black dark roast,
That is one good looking pipe. Tried Haunted Bookshop. Wssn't my cup of tea. Let us know what you think. Bet that Neerup would smoke great with some Billy Budd.

Morning BoBs and a special shout out to my brother veterans. Thanks to all and especially those who served in combat.
Hobbits Weed in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy. Strong dark roast coffee. Trying to get in a couple bowls before heading to the post. Our American Legion Riders group is leading the parade today in downtown Prescott.

That is one good looking pipe. Tried Haunted Bookshop. Wssn't my cup of tea. Let us know what you think. Bet that Neerup would smoke great with some Billy Budd.
I really enjoyed the Haunted Bookshop but I had it with a black, dark roast coffee - and I think they complimented each other very well - I'll have to re-evaluate how it stands on it's own. But I think I'm partial to burley heavy blends - Solani Aged Burley Flake is a favorite of mine.

Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Bari wiking with some 7 seas regular blend,While smoking this pipe the stem did not feel snug.Started looking the pipe over It seems to have a half inch crack in the shank ?This is very odd to me because this pipe was never dropped or mishandled in any way. I do not know how it happened, It still smokes great.Now I need to be super careful with it. Does anyone have ideas on how I can fix this pipe?

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will finish the tin.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Smoking a Bari wiking with some 7 seas regular blend,While smoking this pipe the stem did not feel snug.Started looking the pipe over It seems to have a half inch crack in the shank ?This is very odd to me because this pipe was never dropped or mishandled in any way. I do not know how it happened, It still smokes great.Now I need to be super careful with it. Does anyone have ideas on how I can fix this pipe?
Elmer's wood glue in the crack via a needle, sharp pin or syringe. Clamp just enough to close the crack. Wipe off excess with wet paper towel or pipe cleaner. Let dry at least 48 hours.