What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Pete St. Patricks day pipe with CJ Hero`s blend.Last of my coffee. I need to take it easy today working the next two nights. I hate working nights,but my boss asked me to do him a favor and he`s been very good to me.

Starting off my smoking day with this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Starting off my smoking day with this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 2852
Just how many tins of this do you have stashed, lol.

Smoking a Bari Wiking with some MacBaren seven seas regular blend,Somehow this tobacco seems different !
It arrived a bit damp,it does not have the room note that I am used to and it seems stronger,or a bit harsh to me...
I always buy it by the pound and smoke it daily. I have tried it in many pipes as well with the same result !
Are my senses shot? Is MacBaren`s quality slipping? Just curious if any M/B Smokers have noticed a difference lately?

Smoking a Bari Wiking with some MacBaren seven seas regular blend,Somehow this tobacco seems different !
It arrived a bit damp,it does not have the room note that I am used to and it seems stronger,or a bit harsh to me...
I always buy it by the pound and smoke it daily. I have tried it in many pipes as well with the same result !
Are my senses shot? Is MacBaren`s quality slipping? Just curious if any M/B Smokers have noticed a difference lately?
I'm still smoking my last batch, which is fine so can't say about any new product. Maybe contact the dealer to see if he would offer an exchange? I do notice differences in bulk blends from time to time, but shouldn't be that significant.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, king mackerel steaks and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Cup O’Joes Adirondack Gold in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. First time smoking this pipe. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,
Starting my day with a filtered Vauen pipe and Sutliff black cordial tobacco,Freshly perked Eldorado coffee as well. We had a great crew last night& was able to get out of their early for a change! One more night to go...

Smoking a Bari freehand Wiking pipe with some Lane LL-7/BCA blend ,last of my coffee ,too.
Beautiful day here,already 60 degrees, Got to get more yard work done and soon, as I have a good friend coming over at noon.