What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time for Mad Dog Russo.

Turns out I am getting the sandblast and rusticated versions of the 4AB, so I'll have the entire set in a few days.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Busy morning running errands,pre-lunch smoke. Bari Wiking with some 7 seas regular blend. Ordered more Mb 7 seas from a different vendor this morning,hopefully, I just got a bad batch from the previous company. I got my e-bay Bari Wiking today.This pipe was not treated well and will require a couple of hours of work...

Now smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

3 year old Stokkebye 401 cube cut (not that aging this makes much difference) in a British lovat. This one is the type of briar that people used to call "old briar" because it is very light and has a dense, hard sound if you tap you knuckle against it. This is the kind of briar early Ashtons were notorious for using. It's a good thing this wasn't a Dunhill or Ashton. It would have been 10-12Xs the price. Great smoker with fine balance.

Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time for Mad Dog Russo.

Turns out I am getting the sandblast and rusticated versions of the 4AB, so I'll have the entire set in a few days.
View attachment 2993
Well, aren't you the lucky one, lol. I like that terracotta but my PAD budget is shot fof this year.

Well, aren't you the lucky one, lol. I like that terracotta but my PAD budget is shot fof this year.
Well, others have pitched in to help out as my birthday presents. I couldn't buy all of those pipes, even at the discount I was given.

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe loves this tobacco.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, halibut and snow peas dinner with a small slice of chocolate cake for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Blessed Event, a pre-code Warner Brothers movie.
Ryan_Alden_QueenofHearts.jpg

Good morning,
Starting the day with my newly acquired Bari Wiking pipe ,it took some time and effort to get it clean and smoke-able,I haven`t decided if I want to re-varnish it yet . The finish is very dull and has no shine,But its smoking great. got some Capt. Black royal/lane BCA Blend in it now with a freshly perked coffee.

Starting off my birthday with a bowl from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

CH in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant with morning coffee. Lots of birdies flitting about. It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Trying to decide between Rivendell and Figgy Pudding for my second bowl.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-080100_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-080100_Photo Editor.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20211130-082456_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-082456_Photo Editor.jpg
    925.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20211130-082542_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-082542_Gallery.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 34