What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon and mashed potatoes dinner with a big slice of freshly made Boston creme pie for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 3015
Okay, something amiss here. Per the site, you posted 11 minutes ago, or 7:03 my time. By my calculations, 9:03 your time, right? How the heck is it still light? Gets dark here a little after 6.

Dang, filet mignon again? Well, guess it IS your birthday. You must be made of money. Current going price for filet here at Costco is $24 a pound. And Boston Creme Pie? My wonderful dinner was a bowl of tortilla chicken soup and a chicken drumstick. But I am losing weight, lol.
Haven't had filet mignon in a long time, and it cost less than the Costco price, so m'lady bought some, and froze what I didn't have.

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete housepipe with a Sutliff creme brulee/ Carter hall blend with a freshly brewed mug of Kona coffee.
Ranger,I was able to find Danish oil at Lowe`s, I was told that it contains Tung oil ,but,Danish oil is supposed to be the new and improved version? let me know what you think! people swear by it on amazon,but you know how that goes...

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete housepipe with a Sutliff creme brulee/ Carter hall blend with a freshly brewed mug of Kona coffee.
Ranger,I was able to find Danish oil at Lowe`s, I was told that it contains Tung oil ,but,Danish oil is supposed to be the new and improved version? let me know what you think! people swear by it on amazon,but you know how that goes...
Probably will work just as well. Teak oil will also work but it waterproofs and doesn't get real shiny. Tung oil doesn't clog the pores as much.

CS Choctaw in a big Sav 606 EX with winter blend coffee. Lots of birdies till the peregrine falcon flew by and snatched one. The rest headed for cover. Hate to see one get eaten but I guess that's nature and the food chain. Say hi to Merlin, the spotted towhee that visits every morning. He is absolutely beautiful to look at but my camera doesn't do him justice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-081237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-081237_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20211201-081423_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-081423_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
A third of a bowl left from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A quarter of the way though this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark brown medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and an acrylic black tapered AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

I was out raking leaves for an hour or so until my back started giving me problems,had a quick lunch. I have just enough time to enjoy a bowl full of 7 seas regular blend in a Bari Wiking pipe. I have to see the Pulminologist in about an hour.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem. Enjoyed a very fun chat with super Peterson collector Mark Irwin about 4ABs and other Peterson pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth terracotta medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_TC_left2.jpg