What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This should get me to dinner time.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, salmon and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Last smoke tonight. Druequer Levant Mixture in a vintage Sav Roma straight billiard. Ice water on the side. In the garage as it is 18 on the patio, low of 14 tonight. Hoping I win the powerball so I can build Cochise a heated barn, and me a dedicated smoking room.

Christmas is over but not the Christmas spirit. Figgy Pudding in a Don Carlos blasted bent dublin with strong cowboy coffee. A nippy 20 degrees but sunny. Merlin the spotted towhee consorting with the doves.

Attachments

• 20220102_090018.jpg
    20220102_090018.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220102-092658_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-092658_Gallery.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 42
The Hygienists

First they started complaining that they do not want to be with smokers in the same area, the owners of the Cafes were forced to cut their area in half. The indoor was for non-smokers and the outdoor for smokers. After a while they started complaining again that from the inside they do not have a good view and they want to look outwards. The owners opened the middle door but then they murmured again that smoke was coming in. Then they decided to go outside but again they did not like it and asked the Cafe to have an open space for "fresh air" to enter ! Demand to be fully open the door (1 and 2) partially the roof (3) and must be a space from both sides (4) ...but guess what?
The cowards immediately started complaining that they were cold and the Government (licking them to get their Votes) forced the owners to buy extra gas heaters. After a while when rain-cold air started to come from all these gaps they started crying like sissies that they can not withstand these weather conditions and they want to go inside BUT at the same time they want the outside space to be "open". Of course they did this in purpose because they knew that no smoker can sit in such an open space in winter due to cold-rain-strong wind so all smokers start not going to Cafes and sitting at home or outside in the park.
Café customers-traffic fell to 70-80% down, owners had almost no income and some started firing employees or shutting down, meanwhile the degraded hygienists were indifferent and often laughed when they saw someone sitting drinking coffee-smoking on the bench wearing jacket-hat etc due to low temperatures. Almost 2 years have passed but this year the owners could not stand it, desperately they turned the situation back as it was before, some of them got rid of everything and closed all the gaps, they kept the heater and now even if it rains-blows-snows the smokers sit comfortably, drink their coffee and smoke calmly. Some owners hesitate and leave the side partially open (see the arrow) but soon or later seeing that the other ''closed space" Cafe are full of customers they will do the same.
What are the bastards doing now? They take walks back and forth on the sidewalk like Losers or sneaky they sit inside usually drinking milk or decaffeinated drinks and as soon as they leave they call the Police to come and give a fine to the owner "because he does not obey the law".

hQetUd9.jpg

WD1jXWN.jpg

Whatever these slug ruffians do or write in social media, with the help of the owners we will continue the struggle. We are never going to hand over our Pipes, we will continue to fight in any way, we shall NEVER SURRENDER !

I am smoking Rincon De La Pipa No. 1 in a Gourd Calabash, tea plus cool water beside me.

Sid, they did the same in California. First passed a law no smoking in restaurants. Then no smoking in any enclosed area, including bars and taverns. However, bars could allow smoking outdoors. Used to frequent a bar in Ventura harbor where we could smoke on the patio. Funny story. Sitting there one afternoon, enjoying a cigar. On the far edge of the patio and most smoke blowing away toward the harbor. Table of 2 couples about 6 feet away, both men smoking cigarettes. Lady? turns around, looks at me and says, that cigar smells aweful, why don't you move? I said, so does your perfume, but you don't hear me complaining, why don't you folks go back inside. Sbe turned back around and said something to the others and they all got up and left. The cocktail waitress came over and said, thanks for getting rid of that bitch, lol.

Just finished this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Getting ready to do my weekly Sunday zoom with a few pipe smoking friends.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. A cup of hot tea is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Enjoying another cup of hot tea, too!
4AB_Ebony.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg