What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I started the day with GH Balkan Mixture and followed that with C&D Yale Mixture. It's been our coldest day of the winter so far and there's nothing better to do when it's this cold than to take a nap. I woke up to find my wife preparing to roast an almost seven pound chicken! I'm enjoying some Lancer's Slices while I await the chicken chip for an appetizer!

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's Sweet Espresso #17 is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Almost finished smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

My own Urban Cowboy in a MM general cob with the last of my cowboy coffer. A nippy 33 earlier but warming up nicely now.
I started the day with GH Balkan Mixture and followed that with C&D Yale Mixture. It's been our coldest day of the winter so far and there's nothing better to do when it's this cold than to take a nap. I woke up to find my wife preparing to roast an almost seven pound chicken! I'm enjoying some Lancer's Slices while I await the chicken chip for an appetizer!
This may sound dumb but what the heck is a "chicken chip"?

This may sound dumb but what the heck is a "chicken chip"?
When we process chickens we leave the neck skin on but remove the neck itself. When it's time to roast a chicken we remove the neck skin, slice it so it lies flat, scrape off any glands and lay it on the baking rack. In 20 minutes or so it's a nice crispy treat! It started a few years back when we wanted cutlets from whole chicken. I parted a few birds then skinned and deboned the breasts. I didn't want to trash the skin so I spread it on a baking sheet and that was the birth of chicken chips!

When we process chickens we leave the neck skin on but remove the neck itself. When it's time to roast a chicken we remove the neck skin, slice it so it lies flat, scrape off any glands and lay it on the baking rack. In 20 minutes or so it's s it's a nice crispy treat! It started a few years back when we wanted cutlets from whole chicken. I parted a few birds then skinned and deboned the breasts. I didn't want to trash the skin so I spread it on a baking sheet and that was the birth of chicken chips!
Wow. Unless it's really good southern fried chicken I usually.throw away the skin. Guess I never knew what I was missing, lol.

After a tasty dinner of salad, broiled mahi mahi and french green beans, smoking the last of the Peretti's Taskent in a Bjarne blasted bent billiard. Ruby porto wine to pair. A pleasant 50 on the patio, coyotes howling in the distance. Yes, we have coyotes here. Lots of them. And javelina too, lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner withe strawberries for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of year 2013 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of The Untouchables.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg