What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost finished smoking this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Got three soon-to-be released Wilke blends in to review, plus more #515, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, and Peanut Butter blends to enjoy.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Now smoking Wilke Continental in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this English blend.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg

Just back from riding Cochise for a couple of hours. Trying to sneak in a quick bowl before my PT appt. Then off to the legion for a memorial for one of our riders who died from covid before Xmas. Rattray's Jock's Mixture in a vintage Stanwell Roma straight billiard. Earl Gray tea aside. Spotted this young bald eagle leaving the ranch.

Attachments

• 20220114_132455.jpg
    20220114_132455.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steelhead trout and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2015 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin and a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to watch Witness to Murder starring Barbara Stanwyck and George Sanders.
2003 Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin.jpg

Today I opened a sealed, pressed can of a blend I made and sealed exactly one year ago. It is smoking nicely.

Peter Stokkebye 310 Black Latakia 16 ozPFX-TP-1000

Peter Stokkebye 313 Oriental 4 oz
PFV-TB-1000

Peter Stokkebye 314 Dark Fired 2 oz
PFW-TB-1000

Sutliff Stoved Black Virginia 507-S 4 oz
AE2-TB-1000

Sutliff Matured Red Virginia 515 RC-1 4 oz
AE1-TB-1000

Blending - Granulated Perique 4 oz
BGE-TB-1000

Peter Stokkebye 201 Black Cavendish 4 oz
PSE-TB-1000
Cigar leaf 4 oz
The cigar leaf in the blend, above, one of each:
Ramon Bueso maduro robusto
Graycliff Bahamas Golden Connecticut robusto
A. Flores Serie Privada desflorado toro
Habano laguito#6 toro

Never really slept, so I'm up and smoking this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been working to get ghosts out of a few estate pipes.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg

CH in a huge Don Carlos blasted bent dublin with strong dark roast coffee. Watching the first visitor to the diner flitting about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-084403_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-084403_Gallery.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220115-085509_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220115-085509_Gallery.jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 40
Stanwell with Stokkebye 41 cube. Something came up while half way through the bowl and knocked me out of the calm zone. I felt rushed. Eh, there's always the next one.

Dan Tobacco Salty Dog in a Boswell. It’s really good. The plug is moist and dense, I sliced off a flake and
Broke it up, rubbing it out wasn’t easy since it was almost sticky, so I just cut it up. I was worried that I didn’t let it dry enough - only a few minutes, but it is smoking fine with only an occasional relight needed. The run isn’t very noticeable, and the perique isn’t very spicy, but this is a very smooth, enjoyable tobacco. Natural sweetness. Room note (it’s so cold I’m smoking in the garage instead of my usual front porch spot) seems quite pleasant.
224EC4BB-5094-4004-8E2E-2A5392B9684D.jpeg

FF0920F4-1FB9-4109-A48F-746A9B7E5CB5.jpeg

Enjoyed a tasty chili and cheese lunch with a cup of Larry's Sweet Expresso #17. I'm close to finishing this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Part way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg