What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost finished smoking year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Just posted my review of Wilke Continental at TR. It is a strong English blend that's due to be released this weekend.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Escudo in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching Wanted: Dead or Alive.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful dinner of pot roast with 10 year old Esoterica Margate in an I. Baglin meer. Hand carved bent apple with a horse carving on the front of course. Porto wine on the side. Rained earlier, a little damp, like London in winter, but not unpleasant. Got new shoes on Cochise today but the guy overcharged me. Won't be using him again.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a straight smooth brown circa 1940s-50s JW (John Wanamaker) made in London (Comoy’s) 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe. with beautiful grain all around and top and bottom. I'm going to take a better photo of it. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Love Crazy starring William Powell and Myrna Loy.
JW_billiard.jpg

Stanwell freehand that wasn't designed to be a "nosewarmer", but it is. 4 year old Night Train. For a while there, I switched from tearing chunks off to clean cuts with a knife. Gave me a reason to use my Opinel No.8 that I like so dang much. I'm back to tearing off chunks, and there is a noticeable difference.

About a third of a bowl left from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

About a third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. The sun finally came out, and I hope it melts away a lot of snow and ice today since more is supposed to be on the way the next few days.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg