What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Rust_right.jpg

CH in a Jeppesen Ida 4 smooth bent tall brandy. Iced coffee aside. Haven't figured this pipe out yet. Sometimes smokes really great, other times runs hot. Not the tobacco cause CH never burns hot, at least not in any of my other pipes.

Just finished smoking year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vu
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg
lcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Time for dinner!

Enjoyed Father Dempsey in a large 2010 Larryson blasted bulldog followed by 12-year-old Pirate Kake in a 2002 Brian Ruthenburg rusticated billiard with silver ring on stem. Truly sad that neither of these fine artisans are carving pipes anymore!! FTRPLT

Neuminster Superior Rounds in a Charaton made Mountbatten. Left over wine from dinner. Wifes sister and niece driving me nutty. They are both slobs. Leave dishes on the table, empty pop cans laying around, shoes on the floor in the hallway. Glad they will be gone in 2 more days.

Enjoyed Father Dempsey in a large 2010 Larryson blasted bulldog followed by 12-year-old Pirate Kake in a 2002 Brian Ruthenburg rusticated billiard with silver ring on stem. Truly sad that neither of these fine artisans are carving pipes anymore!! FTRPLT
Ftrplt, check for a PM.

Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.

49° and cloudy. Nice morning and cooler than the temp indicated. Stanwell freehand with aged Night Train. It was a very good smoke.

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-1952 (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_CorinthianDe-Luxe_Sutliff126 pot .jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of D&R Ramback in a smooth dark brown quarter bent post-WW2 Wally Frank Ltd. (Weber) Gourmet Second squashed author with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe, though it's not quite big enough for walking reps. I'll make it a work smoker. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wally Frank_Gourmet Second.jpg

It sunny and 60 degrees today! My wife and I spent the early afternoon raking and shredding leaves to mulch the vegetable garden. I took an MM Pride filled with Drucquer Levant out to keep me company. Now it's time for a rest with McConnell Latakia Mixture in a Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy and a cup of coffee.

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Needed some perique.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

A third of the way through this freshly opened tin of year 2014 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent bent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg