What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for one last smoke before going to the parish food pantry,Pete Lestrade with Capt black copper along with another mug of my mornings coffee. Another rainy,chilly day here.

About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Sometimes the amount of tobacco left in this pipe is hard to determine. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Doug Erwin (a moderator and co-owner of Pipe Smokers Den) passed away on Saturday. His all day smoke was Carter Hall in a cob. In honor of his life and passing, I am smoking year 2012 Carter Hall in a 2013 quarter bend 5th Avenue Doug Erwin nose warmer cob with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
DGErwin-cob.jpg

Just got home from the parish food pantry,these people amaze me... Security guard had to call SCPD to get an entitled,arrogant individual off of church property because he was not getting what he demanded. Personally I would've had his ass arrested. Relaxing with a decaf Mccafe k-cup,Pete Lestrade & Hobbits weed.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, cleaned some pipes, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. Have enough left for a cup or so.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

Now smoking Sutliff Uno (Signature Series) in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. This blend was created by Per Jensen using Mark Ryan's Katerini perique. It goes on sale May 10. I'm making review notes, and no, I can't share them right now.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Enjoyed a nice, drizzly, cool late afternoon/early evening with Father Dempsey in a Radice Underwood Twin Bore bent with Perspex stem. Then loaded a Boswell gently bent partially rusticated oval-shanked Brandy filled with 10-year-old Pirate Kake. A fine proper pint of Guinness finished off the day!! FTRPLT

Something different. OJK Red Label in a Design Berlin Imperial 1/4 bent dublin with 9mm Dr. Perl filter. Red Stag bourbon on the side. Pre dinner. Did not care for origonal OJK but this isn't bad. Agree with Jiminks, it does have a few rough edges.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

I'm very pleased that my reviews are of help to you.

Maple Street is a good blend. If you like Maple Street because you like a maple and rum blend, I suggest you also try Wilke Rum and Maple. The rum is more obvious in it, but the maple still takes the lead. Wilke makes a number of high class aromatics, and they sell sampler packs if you've never tried their blends.
Many Thanks, MrJ, might be a tad difficult to get into Oz but shall give it a go!