What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,
Smoking a Vauen bent pot with capt black royal that was gifted to me by a friend that I recently helped. k-cup while the coffee perks. Trying to be at work early this morning... LOL!
Do you use a 9mm filter with your Vauen? I recently discovered the wonders of 9mm filters! To me it brings out subtle aromatic qualities in certain tobaccos and tames down bitey blends.

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Watching a small bonfire for limbs fallen in the yard and smoking Prince Albert and comparing to Granger from last evening The PA now followed by PS luxury navy flake in the same MM cob. The cob has a small hole in the bottom, so I will make some pipe mud from woods ashes. Trying to make the best use of time... Swede

Jim, don't know what it had in the past but I might suggest Revelation match would be good in the Comoys. Might make you feel like Einstein. Lol.
Einstein could smoke Capstan Blue and feel like me! :LOL:

Actually, the Match you are smoking is pretty close to the original, which I have smoked a bit of. The main difference is that it has a little more topping.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, voted, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 111 in a smooth medium bend 1938-1948 Pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock Killarney 9BC with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Gold Star Black, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_9BC.jpg

Just got in from work,Smoking a Pete housepipe with BB shermans march and a k-cup. Our Grand knight called me earlier. He asked me to repaint one of our religious statues,which I agreed to,he got annoyed at me because he wanted it started today ! LOL! What a jerk!
Alpha, yes I use 9MM filters in my Vauen,and quite a few of my other pipes. I find that I get a cooler,drier smoke. I mostly smoke Aromatics. I also use rubber pipe bits. Sadly most people frown on both of these,but I do what makes me happy!

Did a second set of walking reps, and am not far from finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a 1970's straight rusticated black Savinelli Estella 915 KS billiard with a flared top and pearl brown acrylic saddle stem.
Estella_915KS_billiard .jpg

Had a light snack, and am smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball prince with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The release date is May 24 at noon EST. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Been mylaring tobacco while watching the Braves-Brewers game.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Enjoyed a big envy apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of D&R Windsail in an 1890s-early 1900s dark brown smooth straight JD (Joseph B. Desjardins) billiard with filigree metal work with an amberish saddle stem and orific bit. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
J.D. (Joesph B. Desjardins)_Fillagree-billiard1.jpg