What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Own Make_150_apple.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoying a nice evening on the patio with a bowl of Charles Fairmorns Lancers Slices in my 40-year-old Ser Jacopo Coral Dot R2 rusticated billiard. Then shifted to Spilman Mixture in an Alberto Bonfiglioli huge bent thick-walled blasted Dublin with plateaux top. Adult beverages to get my attitude "adjusted!" FTRPLT

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, char and sugar snap peas dinner with two slices of red velvet cake for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes as I watch the ball game.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Had a wonderful dinner of blackened red snapper down at the Legion post. Enjoying a warm night on the patio with C&D Star of the East in a Pete Rosslare bent apple. Port wine to accompany. Still don't get the rave reviews for this blend. I find many Lat blends superior and with more taste. I'll finish what I have but won't buy more.

Well, since I've been watching a baseball game, I figured I could get into the spirit of it with an off-diet lunch. Enjoyed four jumbo Nathan's hot dogs with mustard and chili, some popcorn, peanuts, and a Blue Bunny Vanilla Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream cone. That'll hold me for a few minutes!! :) I'm just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in a smooth brown medium bend Abbott 788 (Sasieni family era) author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 4874
Jeez, Mr Jim, after that lot ....its stand back!!!!

Urban Cowboy in a Sav Hercules bent billiard with a mug of strong black Costa Rican blend coffee. Spring here in the mountains is nice except for the hellatious winds we get almost daily, gusts to 45/50 not uncommon. We have tons of birdies, probably 20+ common varieties plus seasonal like woodpeckers and western jays, not counting the quail and roadrunners.

2nd bowl of CH in my new Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with my 3rd mug of coffee. Sitting here admiring the bridge I built to go over our mini wash. Now I don't have to climb over the rocks to get on the berm.

Attachments

• 20220521_065214.jpg
    20220521_065214.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
59° and about to rain. Italian poker in a British tradition with new Luxury Navy Flake. It still hasn't rained, but it felt like it was going to happen at any moment. A little rushed, but a fine smoke nonetheless. And then an espresso off a stove top pot with some Buzzcocks playing. A nice morning overall.

Smoked a bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Then smoked a bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Been a busy, busy day.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch with orange slices on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Cleaning three estate pipes as I watch the Yankees-White Sox game.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Nice afternoon break with C&D Billy Budd in a 70s vintage Nording freehand. Gin and tonic on the side. Wife had first "formal" riding lesson this am, i.e. actual trainer as opposed to me, lol. Said she loved it, can't wait to hit the trail.