What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This straight, aged Va. plug goes on sale at midnight. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Pre dinner and probably last smoke for today. Arango Balkan Supreme in a Stanwell 1/4 bend brushed black pot. Port wine on the side. Every time I pull this one out I amazed at how great it smokes for a 30 dollar pipe. Got really lucky on this one.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Good morning. Smoking Abington in a Bari Matador that I recently bought as part of a lot at a flea market, and had cleaned and refurbished. There were a couple of freehands included in the lot, that I think are beautiful.

I have been into Danish freehands lately. The stems are really easy to fix, which I appreciate, and I like the smooth rusticated contrast that a lot of them have. Also, the wood used on most of them is very nice even on the most base models. The conical bowls are also very consistent in diameter which makes reaming easier to me and am pleased with the drilling on 90% of the pieces. And when you hold a Danish pipe, you know you have a pipe in your hand, generally substantial!