What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Had a long wonderful chat with my old friend, and great comic book artist Steve Rude. If you don't know his work, Google his name or check out his website: [email protected]
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Time to clean a few pipes before I go to work.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

72°, humid, and sunny. Big storm last night. Small branches, leaves, and various tree litter everywhere. When the wind blew, all the trapped water in the trees dropped and made it sound like a burst of a downpour. British prince with 4 year old Night Train. A fine smoke, but it's aged enough now that the prune nuances are all but gone, which I really miss.

C&D Billy Budd in a Pete Kinsdale 1/4 bent blasted rhodesian wirh my third mug of coffee. Getting warm on the patio, 88 already. Heading out to the ranch soon.

Smoking a Nording Joker with Sutliff black cordial and another k-cup, the morning rain storm rocked my carport pretty good,had to get out on a ladder and readjust the tarp ,tighten up all the bolts & nuts. I guess I will have to take this down before the winter. I don`t see this holding up well in NY snow and wind.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Just finished smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model. Got some awesome estate pipes today.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I photographed the twelve pipes I got today, and am going to label the pics, and research and catalog them.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg