What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. It's going to be an afternoon of baseball and pipe tobacco.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch with two big slices of m'lady's freshly made apple cinnamon raisin pie and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going smoke the current CH next to compare.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Now smoking 2022 Dominican produced Carter Hall in a 2013 quarter bend 5th Avenue Doug Erwin nose warmer cob with a black vulcanite saddle stem. There are some differences in the new Carter Hall. Going to have to add an update to my review. The man who made this cob, Doug Erwin, recently passed away. He was a confirmed Carter Hall smoker, so it's an appropriate match of pipe and tobacco. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
DGErwin-cob.jpg

Now smoking 2022 Dominican produced Carter Hall in a 2013 quarter bend 5th Avenue Doug Erwin nose warmer cob with a black vulcanite saddle stem. There are some differences in the new Carter Hall. Going to have to add an update to my review. The man who made this cob, Doug Erwin, recently passed away. He was a confirmed Carter Hall smoker, so it's an appropriate match of pipe and tobacco. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 5139
Look forward to reading your review.

Pre dinner, Rattrays Red Rapparee in a J M Beasly slight bent pot with near perfect straight grain. Iced coffee with kahlua and some bergs pilfered from Jiminks on the side. Going to a concert tonight. Friend of the wife's brother is in the band. Better be good to justify $10 glasses of wine.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with two more big slices of m'lady's cinnamon raisin apple pie and a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. That's all of the off-dieting I'm doing for the rest of the day. I'm just passing the half way mark on this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching chapter three of Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

I can help with that. Swede
Wonderful! I'll PM you. Thank you!

Just finished smoking 2022 Dominican produced Carter Hall in an undated (1960s?) straight smooth dark brown H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 286 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Thought I had a photo of this pipe, but apparently, I do not. Anyway, I've smoked a few bowls of the new Carter Hall, and have completed my update, which I will post soon.

Part way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Sid - looking at the photos of you past half dozen pipes…they all look unsmoked! How do you keep ‘em so pristine? Plus…I’m missing yourbeautiful photo layouts. I miss living in Greece vicariously. LOL.

Thank you sir, the majority of them are in excellent condition, i clean them regularly, buff them etc but some times i have no time and i post the photo of that pipe when it was new or when i modify her.
You can see how they look ''at real'' in the Cafe photos.

Hello from Athens-Greece with with 82 'F

578Pxbl.jpg

MAC BAREN – Classic (Vanilla Cream)

Good morning,
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand with my creme brulee blend and a freshly brewed mug of Seattle`s port-side coffee. Happy Fathers day to all.

Thank you sir, the majority of them are in excellent condition, i clean them regularly, buff them etc but some times i have no time and i post the photo of that pipe when it was new or when i modify her.
You can see how they look ''at real'' in the Cafe photos.

Hello from Athens-Greece with with 82 'F

578Pxbl.jpg

MAC BAREN – Classic (Vanilla Cream)

Cafe Photos are like a mini vacation in Greece. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. So lovely.

About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg